jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Links on Hubs

1. Thomas Swan profile image94
    Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago

I have recently written a hub in which I provide a link to another hub on the same subject (that I wrote). I have also put them in the same "group", meaning there is a second link below the article. Hubpages also puts a number of `related hubs' below that. It seems my other hub has been linked a third time there.

There are effectively 3 links to the same page now showing in the hub, although only one of them is within the body of the hub. Is this going to make my hub look spammy with Google?

2. alternativeto profile image60
    alternativetoposted 2 years ago

i don't think there will be a problem since they are not in the content, and there is no problem in having more than 3 links to the same page. You need to think the natural way and not the "Google" way which doesn't have a correct answer to anything.

Haven't you seen pages in Google ranking high in which the content have repeated links?
    Sometimes we need to repeat links in the content for more than 5 times, most of the tutorial pages have repeated links in content and there is no need for Google to think this as spammy .

Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I hope you're right, and I'm inclined to agree, but if there's even the slightest chance my hub will get nuked for it, then it's something I have to ask.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
        calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can rearrange the order of hubs in the group.  If there are at least 4 members, then you can keep a particular one from touching another particular one.

A good idea. I only have 2 hubs in the group though.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
            calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can add more, or disband the group until you have more.  To disband, just put the hubs back in the "orphan" category in the Groups setting in your account page.  If there's only two in the group and both hubs link to each other, then there's probably no need to have them in their own group.

Yea, disbanding it would be the other option. I can't add more to this group though because nothing else is related.

3. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

sounds like you're doing a good thing. I shall follow your lead.

working