jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

My first HUB

1. BG Guest profile image59
    BG Guestposted 7 years ago

Well there you go I read the forum and jumped in on the act to publish my first hub I was confused at first but it came to me in a flash, I started off with a topic that I will not be making a habbit of just to make a test,
    I did however place a video link part way in the text and then added the gadjet which placed its self at the bottom of the hub but not sure why as maybe I need to play with the lay out a for a time before I find that the video clip could be to one side or at the top etc,

When I have had the time to look around I will be writting about my little old guest house and the surrounding areas as I love it so and the good thing is that I have read the forum and got a lot of tips "many funny ones" on how to plan and write on my subjects,

MMM while I am writing this this I'm wondering if I was to link to a website on each of my hubs would this have a negatve effect on the website from the tags and text content I would use, you see I would like to write many things but I would be devistated if my website was punished, I'm on page four and five with google via tags and if i write and publish here could I be burning the candle at both ends? and end up with no light at all,

For Example I'm good with tools and cement, timber and wood but hopeless with words and grammer as well as webs and making my web look cool, I came to Hubpages viayoutube and a video posted there in the hope that my website would be seen and create traffic in a world full of realestate and hotel websites who doinate search engines for my village, lets hope HP will be my hero! fingers crossed

Ps, thank you all for being in the forum as the end of last night and this morning I see a light at the end of the tunnel YAY!!!

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

To link repeatedly to the same website from your Hubs can lower your HubScores slightly, but it won't have a bad effect on your website.

2. SFD2009 profile image60
    SFD2009posted 7 years ago

Posting links won't be detrimental to your website, they will just bring some relevant traffic maybe.

3. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

Links to your website from an authority high PageRank site like HubPages is a PLUS!  That's a valuable backlink for you.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, BGguest! smile creating links is a good source of building traffic just not spamming, lol ...n about your capsules moving about ... just click on that  *Reorder Now* button and it will save your settings. Hope that helps. smile

5. BG Guest profile image59
    BG Guestposted 7 years ago

Goodness how kind are you all, 100% bless you all

I will take your advise and make the best hubs ever, fingers cross lol
    I just hope I dont just re-right what I have on my website, but as I have read
    here in the forum I will try my best to narrow down a topic and only write about that
    with out deviating, HUM! wonder if there is a spell checker, hehehe

once again thank you, this forum or your work and advise is the best place I have been to