jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why is CPM dropping? What Has Changed?

1. janderson99 profile image87
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

Over the last week my CPM scores were the lowest I have ever received. The running average summary since the beginning of the year shows a steady decline of 25% since the beginning of the year. What does this mean? Why is this happening? Are all hubbers affected in the same way?  What can hubbers do to fix it?  Obviously it means less earnings for the same traffic? Is the Ad Program failing?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Mine have dropped, too. 

As I do think HP is trying their best to keep high CPM's (it's certainly to their benefit to do so) it is presumably a result of advertisers refusing to pay any more.

You can try changing the topic you write about, but other than that, nothing.

No, it is far, far too early to say that HPads is failing - let it go for a year with ads all over the net being much higher than HP and you could make the claim.

2. robhampton profile image90
    robhamptonposted 2 years ago

It depends on advertisers and content. If an advertisor thinks your article will be getting a ton of traffic, then more cpm.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If by "your page" you mean all of Hubpages--yes.  I mean, Hubpages is not selling each page separately.  So while hubs vary somewhat, the entire Hubpages CPM goes up and down as a unit as well--sometimes by a lot.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

It's happening to everyone.  Paul had been really happy a few months ago - they must have secured some kind of deal that gave high CPMs, but that deal has obviously expired.  They do tend to fluctuate.

1. robhampton profile image90
      robhamptonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ehh, don't know. Just sayin I get a decent payout each month for only having 33 hubs

4. ThoughtsWriter profile image81
    ThoughtsWriterposted 2 years ago

It's a hard thing to tell. I have several accounts. Some have reached their highest CPM in a VERY long time while some are absolutely tanking. I guess it evens out in the end.