Do you enjoy seasonal writing?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image94
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

Here is a list of top topics by month and season for those who enjoy writing these types of articles:

January: Diets, dieting, turkey leftovers, SADS, depression, taxes, income taxes, money, budgeting, earning extra income, hockey, employment, humor, New Year's resolutions, weather, Chinese horoscope, baking, recipes, Martin Luther King.

February: Valentine's Day, Superbowl, football, hockey, taxes, income tax, spring, Chinese New Year, recipes, baking, diet, love, romance, dating.

March: Daylight savings time, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, hockey, Easter, Palm Sunday, Passover, diet, exercise.

April: April Fools Day, Spring, Easter, diet, exercise, fitness, hockey, fashion, shoes, Crocus, Tulips, spring birds, love romance, dating, relationships, taxes, income tax, money, employment.

May: Spring break, summer break, Mother's Day, Spring, spring flowers, babies, children, gardening, birds, pets, travel, graduation, prom, weddings, summer employment.

June & July: Weddings, graduation, gardening, dining, hotels, summer, summer break, kids, children, games, travel, sports, outdoor activities, camping, Father's Day, Canada Day, summer employment, Fourth of July, cameras, Independence Day, Warm weather foods (barbecue, salads, ice cream, ice tea).

August & September: Labor day, summer, fall, autumn, back to school, lunches, children, kids, teens, clothing, tablets, laptops and computers, college, dorm, students, student employment, harvest, babies.

October: Halloween, fashions, costumes, baking, fall, autumn, garden, canning, fruit, health, harvest, home decor, winter, crafts, employment, money, Thanksgiving.

November & December: Remembrance Day, War, Thanksgiving, Turkey, Christmas, holidays, school, ornaments, Christmas trees, college, students, children, babies, relationships, romance, dating, winter, cold, ice, snow, snowflakes, money, employment, budgeting, saving money, crafts, shopping, gifts, baking, recipes, computers, tablets, laptops, tech gifts, depression, SADS, diet, exercise, hockey, winter sports.

2. Haynzie profile image60
    Haynzieposted 2 years ago

Hi Kathleen,
    I'm new to this site, and love to write. And I was looking in the "unanswered" questions, and I liked yours, it gives me lots of ideas to write about.  Sometimes, my mind is cluttered with too much stuff, that my creativity comes to a grinding halt, with your post and ideas for seasonal stuff to write about, it jogs my memory, and kind of unblocks the logjam in my mind.

Now for my article, for June & July, I will write about travel. This summer, my family and I will take a trip back home to New England, there are 2 new members of our family that the folks back home (most of them) haven't met yet, they are, my son in law, John, and my granddaughter, Isabella.  She's only 5mos old, so she's not going to remember the trip, but we want to make it as enjoyable for them.
    I was born & raised in Massachusetts, and lived up there till I was 31. I've yearned so much to move back, but my daughter, and her family don't want to move back to New England. She was raised in Ohio, and her friends are out here. Other than family, she knows know one else up there.  I miss the fall and winter seasons up there the most. Summer's ok if I'm near the ocean. What I loved about New England is that's it's rich in history.
    There are so many places to visit. Maine is noted for it's lobsters and wild blueberries, (I can get all I want at my aunt's house, they grow in her front yard, half an acre of them, yummy). Also Freeport, Maine, is home to L.L. Bean, the sportsman's place to shop. Southern Maine, near the NH border, has many wonderful beaches, like Old Orchard, Ogunquit, and York. Along seacoast, Rte 1, you can drive along the road, smell that salty air, and view the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, with it's stately houses along it's route, not to mention the numerous seafood restaurants along the way.
    New Hampshire is noted for it's beautiful White Mountains, Lake Winnepesaukie, Mt. Washington Hotel and observatory (the windiest place in the U.S., or so I'm told.), the windy and somewhat scary Kankamangus Hwy, leading up to the Cog Railway system that rides you on a spectacular scenic tour, beautiful Portsmouth on the Maine border, and a lovely picnic spot called Strawberry Banke, go farther south, also along Rte 1, you'll hit Rye, Wallis Sands, and Hampton Beaches. To the west of New Hampshire, bordering it, you'll find Vermont, a picturesque typical New England scene, quaint churches, covered bridges, the Green Mountains, and many Bed & Breakfast Inns. It is also home to The Von Trapp Family ski Lodge. (Not sure what town that's in) but also Ben & Jerry's Ice cream factory is there as well. South of Vermont and New Hampshire is my home state of Massachusetts, you know that funny little state with the elbow, not to mention the place were people (the natives of the state, like myself) talk funny.  For instance, Pahk, the cah in Hahvid Yahd.  Yes, that's really how we talk. lol  Anyway, MA is also steeped in history, Plymouth Rock, Salem, Cape Cod, good O'l Boston, just to name a few. Lots of things to do there, the Berkshire Mts. is on the western side of the state, bordering NY, and in Springfield, nearing Connecticut is the home of the State Fair, a.k.a. The Big E. (don't ask me why they call it that). MA is also home (well, across Nantucket Sound) to Martha's Vineyard, or as they say back home, Mahtha's Vinyid.  And of course Nantucket Island itself, it's the only part of Massachusetts that is both a state and a county, or should I say, the only county in the state with just one town, Nantucket. A little bit of Massachusetts trivia for you.
    The tiny little state bordering Massachusetts to the south and Connecticut to the east, is Rhode Island, or Little Rhodie as we call it. It's home to the Newport Mansions, many stately Mansions where many old movies were filmed, and it is said (but I'm not positive), one of the mansions belonged to John Jacob Astor, the very one who died aboard the Ill fated Titanic.  If you love the smell of the clamflats at low tide, and the taste of lobster and steamed clams, then you're in luck, there are many great seafood restaurants in R.I. Not to mention Lighthouses. They seem to be the rage these days, and R.I. (as well as ME, NH, MA & CT) has it's fair share. Last but not least, Connecticut, Hartford is it's capital, and I'm ashamed to say, the only time I go to Connecticut is when I'm passing through on my way up to or back from New England. Otherwise I don't know much about the state, except for the past shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown. And, if you're ever planning a trip, the fall and winter are the prettiest times of the year. The leaves are vibrant shades of red, orange, yellow, against the backdrop of the evergreen trees, sounds of leaves rustling beneath your feet, the crisp fall air, homemade maple syrup, apple cider, pumpkins, apples, etc. The winter time is especially beautiful, with snow covered trees, churches, covered bridges, snowmen standing by, distant sounds of snowmobiles in the fields, and warm nights by the fire with cup of hot chocolate, a good book, or a cuddle with the one you love. That's all I have to say about my beloved and always missed New England.