If someone deletes their profile, does the name become free again?

1. Byron Wolf profile image87
    Byron Wolfposted 2 years ago

Hi I was wondering if someone deletes their profile, if the name becomes free again. For the domain/url/address, etc.

If someone wanted to start over on here, could they delete their old account and make a new one with the same name?
    If not, are there any other options? I know we are not able to change usernames.

Thanks for any help. I've been here awhile but not been on much.

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image93
      RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

many just add a number or an identifying word to the existing name.
      "Byron Wolf1"
      "The Real Byron Wolf"  - and/or mashup of large and lower case letters in any of thse
      "The New Byron Wolf"
      "Wolf Byron"
      The possibilities are endless and I hope you get the idea.
      If you want to delete, make sure because once you do, the work (if you haven't deleted it too) stays on Google's cache (not HP's) after you are gone. My friend Jillian deleted her account, forgot to delete her hubs, now her profile is gone but her hubs are still on search engines as cache copies.
      Usually the deleted name does not become available for re-use. As I understand the policy.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once a username has been created that account is no longer available even if it is closed by the author.

You can create a new account if you would like and close an existing account, but the new account cannot be a profile name that has already been used.

Each account must also have a unique email address.

Hope that helps!