jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

My traffic has dropped in the last week to almost nothing

1. David Trujillo profile image89
    David Trujilloposted 2 years ago

My traffic has dropped in the last week to almost nothing.

What happened???

Is this some Google Slap or something else

1. BeautyandFashion profile image87
      BeautyandFashionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good evening, David, I was just about to email and ask this question as I had not seen anyone else mention it elsewhere. I hope someone can shed a little light.

Enjoy your evening smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Based on purely circumstantial evidence I have pretty much concluded that Google has decided to be less than thrilled with webpages containing Amazon capsules. I could be wrong.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Most of mine have Amazon capsules and I've seen no drop.

3. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Welcome to google.....

You might also like to think about your titles - if you want traffic they need to be something that people search for or at least contain a chunk that people search for.. The start of your title is where keywords need to live - Google sees the text to the left as the most important.. (You can see what search terms people have actually used to find your hubs if you click the stats button at the top when you view your own hub.)

You also need to realise that when people want to buy a new jacket etc that google is going to now send them direct to the stores that sell them rather than to you for you to direct them to the stores..

4. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

I haven't had any problems with traffic, both on hubs with and without Amazon. So maybe it's your topic traffic going down? Not sure.

5. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

It might be just the time of year coupled with your topics. Your jacket hubs border on seasonal, depending on the number of people who need them. Lean Man makes a good point about the jackets. Also, movie reviews may not stay popular over time if the movie is not a new release. Not sure about that one but it would seem so. My traffic is fine.