jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

CTR down on Adsense?

1. 101Ways2Life profile image90
    101Ways2Lifeposted 2 years ago

Are you guys noticing any change in CTR of Adsense in the last two weeks - last two weeks of April?  As it is, the CTR on hubs is a bit low, and now I am noticing that the CTR on my hubs is getting even lower. What's your experience, Hubbers?
    Have you noticed any change in the click through rate on your Adsense ads?

2. Janey Hood profile image86
    Janey Hoodposted 2 years ago

Mine is a little lower this last two weeks.

3. beaddve1800 profile image85
    beaddve1800posted 2 years ago

I noticed that as well.

4. 101Ways2Life profile image90
    101Ways2Lifeposted 2 years ago

I wondered what could be the possible reason. First I thought it might be the new "related hubs" box at the end of the article. But that doesn't make sense because the two most popular Adsense ad spots are right at the beginning of the hub. So I am perplexed. Is Google doing something that is extraordinary? My CTR is as low as 1.36% on Hubpages in these two weeks whereas I get a decent CTR on my other websites. I hope this is short term, because my earnings have fallen because of low CTR, despite pageviews on the rise.

5. Dana Tate profile image86
    Dana Tateposted 2 years ago

Ditto: I also noticed mine was a little lower, at  least now I now it's not just me.

6. janesix profile image72
    janesixposted 2 years ago

I don't know. It's a mystery.

7. ilikegames profile image81
    ilikegamesposted 2 years ago

I've noticed some drops as well but I try to worry about them too much because it always goes back up soon after.

1. 101Ways2Life profile image90
      101Ways2Lifeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You're right. It keeps fluctuating. However, these days, the drop has been significant. The best solution is not to put all eggs in one basket - Adsense.