jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Am I losing Amazon impressions with the HP program?

1. Jacob J Morris profile image95
    Jacob J Morrisposted 2 years ago

So, I just made the switch yesterday from my personal Amazon affiliate code to the Amazon affiliate program, since the earnings are supposed to be higher.

However, I just clicked on the sales report today, and it says:

"Reflects sales on your share of impressions only."

No where does it say (at least overtly and transparently), when I signed up that I would be losing some impressions in exchange for a higher percentage.

So does this mean that by participating in HP Amazon program (with the enhanced %), that I'm now losing some of my impressions?

2. Jacob J Morris profile image95

Strike that...I found my answer in the FAQs. I'm unenrolling from the HP Amazon program and going back to my own.

The Amazon Program will track product referrals from your Hubs. You will accrue into your HubPages Earnings Program balance from this activity (via a commission from purchase activity on Amazon based on referrals from your Hubs). HubPages keeps separate track of all HubPages-issued IDs that participate in the Amazon Program under HubPages. Your ID will have its own tracking, which is based on your account activity and is not pooled with other HubPages users.

The revenue sharing for the Amazon Program works the same way as with other HEP Programs, by alternating your affiliate ID 60% of the time with HubPages' affiliate ID 40% of the time.

The Amazon Sales Report will only reflect sales that occurred in your share of impressions.

3. Jacob J Morris profile image95

Okay, back again. I see where I was confused...

I thought the HEP Ad network was the only program that had the 60/40 split.

However, it looks like the Amazon program, regardless whether you use the HEP program or not, also has a 60/40 split.

I was originally thinking that the 60/40 only applied on HEP, but is also applies on all external programs as well.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You've got it.  Amazon, eBay, Adsense, HPads - they all have a 60/40 split on impressions.  It's how HP funds giving you a place to write (and make a profit for those that own it).