jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How do I improve my score on poems?

1. Juliane Maala profile image81
    Juliane Maalaposted 2 years ago

Most of my hubs are poems, and I understand that poems tend to receive low scores because they're not that long. However, are there other ways to improve on my poem's scores aside from making it longer or placing more pictures, videos, polls, etc?

1. AliciaC profile image95
      AliciaCposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is a method that could work, although it's not very satisfactory for someone who wants to write only poetry. You could add extra prose information related to the poem. For example, you could add factual information relating to the topic of the poem or describe why the topic is important.

Juliane Maalaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

thanks AliciaC!

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Go to hubber cardisa's profile and look for her hub on improving search results for poetry hubs. It is very helpful.

thanks janshares!

3. chef-de-jour profile image91
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

Hi there. I find that if I put several poems together on one hub they do better, for example 10 Poems on the subject of Birds, Trees, Mountains etc etc.
    Photographs can help, as can videos, but make sure they're directly connected to the subject.
    I think if you do this readers can see more of your work on the same page and get a better idea of your poetry. Good for you, good for the reader.
    I wish you well.

thanks chef-de-jour!

4. ThoughtsWriter profile image80
    ThoughtsWriterposted 2 years ago

I agree. You need contextual information about the poem. Perhaps a history or product review of a related item. Maybe some background information about the place or item that is the main focus of the poem.

Try to get into the mind of a google searcher and put useful information that someone searching would want to read.

thanks ThoughtsWriter!

working