jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)

RESOLVED: Duplicate comments

1. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

Over the past few days whenever I respond to a comment on any of my hubs, my comment shows up twice and I have to delete the duplicate. Is anyone else experiencing this? It only happens on my hubs, not when I comment on other people's hubs. What would be the cause of this? Is there a remedy for it without having to delete the duplicate comment? And is this hurting my standing in any way?

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have this almost all the time, I delete one unless I am responding to more than one comment. In which case I edit the second one to repond to the second comment.
      I don't know if it hurts our standing in any way, I doubt that HP knows the answer to that.

bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanx for your input, Shyron. I hope it's just a glitch and gets corrected soon.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you are having trouble posting comments.
      I just tested using Google Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m in Windows and was able to post a reply comment to one of my Hubs with no duplication of the comment.
      The issue you are experiencing could be a browser, hardware, or other system issue.

I would suggest starting by clearing your browser cache.
      Then upgrade to the latest stable version of Chrome (you have a minor version older than the current).
      Then restart your computer.

Here are some other browser trouble shooting steps as well.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

Matthew, how do I upgrade Chrome? Doesn't Windows take care of that for me? In the meantime, I'll see if I can figure it out. Why does it only happen when I comment on my own hubs? Quite perplexing....

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78

No, Windows does not automatically upgrade 3rd party software.
          The link I provided above has information related to upgrading browsers including the websites for each.
          You can also download Chrome directly from Google here.
          http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html

Matthew, I just downloaded the latest version. Now I just have to wait until someone comments on one of my hubs to see if that fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!

If you have not done so, I would also suggest clearing the browser cache and cookies as well as rebooting the computer too.  That way you can eliminate those as potential issues.

I did, Matthew. I need to wait for a new comment on one of my hubs to see if that did the trick.

I posted a comment on this Hub so you can check it out.
                  http://bravewarrior.hubpages.com/hub/Th … bows-Ch-11

Thank you, Matthew. All seems to be well now. I deleted your comment and my response. Now I know what to do the next time this happens.

working