jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Hub City Meetings

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

When I first joined HP, about 3 years ago, there were regular meetings (one every couple of months or thereabouts) in different cities where some of the HP staff would meet and discuss things related to HP with that city's Hubbers. I have not heard of that being done anymore. Can anyone share any light as to what happened?

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 3 years ago

Fewer active hubbers I would think Luis.  Also when Simone came to London there were only two of us who turned up.

LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There were about 8 of us in Miami when they came, but that was about 3 years ago. I guess the short answer is that it is/was not cost effective.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image81
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Have you checked the blog or forum for past or future meetings? It seems likely to me that they would be one of the places to cover something such as that.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
        Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HI Luis.
        That is essentially it. The turnout at these events was not significant enough for the resources required to have a HubPages employee attend.

Authors can plan their own meetups regionally.
        Keep us in the loop if anyone decides to do so.

LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Shame, but let us know if they come back as they were educational and enjoyable at the same time.

working