jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

An accidental thumb down

1. Vellur profile image87
    Vellurposted 2 years ago

After two years of being at HubPages I accidentally clicked the thumbs down button, very careless of me. Sorry for that. Is there any way to undo the thumbs down. I tried clicking the thumbs up, it did not work. What do I do??

1. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't know Vellur, but hope someone lets you know. I have never given a thumbs down to a hub, even if it isn't written well. Then  I will just not comment, but won't give a thumbs down. It would be easy to do it by accident though.

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Stop worrying about tit. I know how you feel but one little thumbs down wont hurt anybody...lol I thought there was a way to undo your ratings. Did you try clicking the same button again? It's like, if you like something and want to unlike it, you click the same button.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

HubPages has said that the thumbs up/thumbs down feature has a miniscule effect on scores.   It's an old feature left over from the early days of HP.  It's really so insignificant, it's not worth even trying to undo it.

2. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 2 years ago

If you are concerned, drop the HP team an email and ask them to sort it out as it was accidental

3. Vellur profile image87
    Vellurposted 2 years ago

Jodah thank you, I understand.

Thank you Cardisa, you made me feel better. I tried clicking the button again, it did not work.

CMHypno that is a great idea.

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago

Try clicking on the thumbs up button, or if you want to offset your accidental thumbs down, log out and go back to the hub anonymously and click the thumbs up button.

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That was going to be my suggestion. Thanks for mentioning it.

2. Vellur profile image87
      Vellurposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Tried but did not work.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image82
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

I did that once. Since I had not clicked anything else I did what Anna Marie suggested. I closed the Hub, re-entered from the email and started again making sure that I clicked thumbs up.

Good idea.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

Having trouble with the clicks one night the thumbs down worked.  I was horrified.  My husband told me to hit the refresh button and un-click. It seemed to work.

It did not work for me.

7. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

It is so easy to make a mistake, and then we worry. Sometimes I worry after I accidentally misspell a word. Then I tell myself none of these things matter. The thumbs down doesn't matter. I guess we are all trying to do the right thing. Thanks for the post. It helps us, and thanks Marisa for your comment.

That made me feel better, thank you.

working