jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

MyBlogGuest.com - don't use it!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

This is a backwards recommendation - not how to improve traffic, but how not to reduce it!

In the past, I've suggested MyBlogGuest as a possible promotional tool.   It is a blogging network but in the past it's been a good quality one, so it used to be a good way to make contact with writers blogging on the same subject.

I hadn't used it in a while, because I noticed a lot of poorer quality articles appearing on the site.  Now it appears MyBlogGuest has been slapped severely by Google, and more importantly, every blog containing or linking from a MBG post has been penalised, too! 

There has been quite a bit of discussion about this amongst webmasters, so I'm quite surprised to see MBG sailing on regardless, with no words of caution on their own site at all.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't think I've used it, but thanks for the heads up.

1. susi10 profile image94
        susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this notice Marisa, I was using My Blog Guest but luckily never posted any links on their site. What do you mean by an MBG post, because the blogs advertising there for writer's are external and are not related to MBG.

I have been a member of MBG but what links are being penalised?

2. lobobrandon profile image80
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

@Marisa this is was out a month or more. MBG hadn't blocked the search bots from going all around their site. But now they've added the necessary code so that they can't really scrape links of blogs posted and hence you shouldn't receive any auto penalties.

Still the case of manual penalties though as the spam team knows exactly where to look. MBG's Ann marty (If I remember right) did write a blog post explaining the entire situation.

Sorry that I can't give you more info, you'll find it if you look for it on her blog though.

Anyway, just as you say, I wouldn't use their site to find bloggers anymore just to be on the safe side.