jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

utube videos

1. Eileen Hughes profile image84
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

Hi as I am not in here very often lately (worst luck) I have noticed that all my utube videos are all becoming broken links.  Does any one know why this happens.
    If this has bee asked before sorry as I said I can not get on internet very much lately.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes YouTube users choose to remove a video and sometimes a media company orders YouTube to "clean house" on a particular topic.

I'm trying to diversify more with my video offerings, using videos from the various options that HubPages allows, as that helps cut down on having all the videos on a Hub suddenly become unavailable.

The broken links report makes it pretty easy to keep track of any broken video links.

2. bhoge profile image56
    bhogeposted 7 years ago

Youtube might be removed videos from their site big_smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

O no ... we have to worry bout the videos we use on our sites now? yikes o no! (running amok now) tongue lol

1. guidebaba profile image61
      guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

cool cool cool

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Another thing I have been doing is making my own videos, which means these will always be there.  Of course my videos are not high tech or sophisticated, but on my how-to hubs I can show what crafts I am making, which is a great visual.  I also am able to put a link to my particular hub in the video description when I do this.

5. BG Guest profile image60
    BG Guestposted 7 years ago

YouTube is fast becoming copyright police and rightfully so, I come across hundreds of videos clips with music from known artists who have not given any rights to the every day Joe and the clips are removed, I think that if you are going into your youtube account often, you have not used copyright material and not been flagged by another youtube user you will be ok,

two questions, are your video clips still on youtube and could it be the hub link is broken I wonder? 

hope this helps and I hope this info is on topic I'm new and would not like to get in trouble

6. Eileen Hughes profile image84
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone,  maybe I will have to try other videos when I get the time and stop travelling.