jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

How do you File a DCMA complaint for an article that has been spun?

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 2 years ago

There are about 8 or so copied hubs symbols on my account this morning. Upon following one of the links I found my hub but it was spun. You can tell it's my hub but they used a software to change some of the words.

How do file the DCMA for that? Can someone from staff help me please?

Also, how the hell do I file a report for an article that have been placed in full on the "About" section of a YouTube video page. I think these people who do this, have a vendetta against me o something.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

@Cardisa I'm honestly not sure how the spun article and the DMCA would work together. If it contains enough of your content I would think a DMCA claim would be appropriate. I would advise doing more legal research, but it sounds like a DMCA claim is the right course of action.

As for the About section on YouTube, Google/YT is pretty good about responding to such requests, so I would try them first.
      Here is a link I found:
      https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622

Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew. I tried the one for Youtube, now to do the others.
        I also have another issue that I am not sure how to approach.
        One of the URLs for one of my hubs leads to this URL and other URLs from the same website. http:// flatulencerelief.info/what-does-really-smelly-gas-mean/. There are 11 URLs to this website on my hub. I also have another hub with the same problem. The thing is, I can't seem to find my article.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've seen this before and it appears that someone is using the Hub content to get featured on Google, then using a redirect to bounce straight to another site.   The best approach is to contact the host of the offending site and explain the situation.

I think I explained it badly, Marisa. I mean, the URLs for the copied hubs, not regular links. 

how do I explain it to the host?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
              Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think we're talking about the same thing.   They've copied your Hub on to a website (which is the domain name showing as copied), but when you click on that link, it doesn't go to that website - it bounces to another website altogether? 

To be honest, it's only happened to me once and I wasn't sure how to handle it, so I did nothing.  Later on I found an article explaining it. There's a word for it but I can't remember what it is!  I'd be checking out the whois for both the "invisible" URL and the one it redirects to.

Thanks Marisa. smile

2. vocalcoach profile image94
      vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa - What do the "copied hub symbols" look like?  Thank you.

They look like a copyright symbol, only they are in red. If your hubs ha been plagiarized you'll see it beside the title on your account page.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

As long as there are copied uncommon phrases I treat it the same as any other DMCA.

Thanks Psyheskinner. I'll file the DMCA and see what happens.

3. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

I had an article spun once. I filed a DMCA and it was removed. Hopefully yours is too!

Thanks WryLilt. smile

4. Suzanne Day profile image96
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

I have reported spun articles a lot before.

Report them to Adsense if they have ads first:
    https://support.google.com/adsense/cont … eport?rd=1

Then to Google Spam here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreport

working