jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Making Hub Titles Better

1. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Post the title of a hub that gets very little views. The purpose is to get advice on what makes titles more searchable and to have a better understanding about how to use keywords.

This is a hub that has had about a hundred titles changes sad and continues to get very little traffic. Please help, WryLilt or other seasoned hubbers who know about SEO. Would the hub link be helpful?

"Generation Gaps in Computer and Internet Use: Talking to our Kids"

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

After I tried several Jan the best one which I seemed to come up with was this:

"Generation Gaps in Computer and Internet Use: Talking with our Young People"

jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Lol, thanks, Kevin, for your support. I guess it's the topic.
        Edit: will add "young"

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
          The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I also used 'with' to replace 'to' in the section, "Talking to..." It probably makes them feel more emotional.

Got it.

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Hi JanShares

Who would type your title into the search engine? Your title should reflect or at least contain the keywords that you are looking to gain traffic for.
    Your title also does not make it clear what the article is about - is it about being able to "talk computer" - us oldies with young uns or what?
    I have just looked at the  article and it is about what it was like pre computer/internet.. Who will want to know about it and how will they search for it - what will they type into google?
    Go into the Google keyword tool and get keyword ideas around your subject to see what people do search for....

I have not done any research but maybe you should be looking at;
    What was school like before the internet?
    How did we do our homework before we had a computer?

The best titles are those that reflect a question that someone will ask online.....

Great advice and insight, LeanMan. I was hoping you too, would offer your expertise. I will follow through on your pointers. This was one of my first hubs when I didn't know what I was doing. The first title was, "Thank God for Laptops." I was so happy when it got a Hubnugget (now Rising Star). Little did I know that had nothing to do with SEO and "evergreenability!"

working