I just wanted to post a quick post to let you guys know I have had some success. One of my articles has hit number 1 in Google for its title and is getting around 150 views a day and is helping me earn a decent amount every day. For me this is a big achievement, even though I know many of you have done much better. I just wanted to let newbies and those struggling a little bit that it is possible. Just hang in there and don't give up.
Firstly I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here. I lurk around these forums and have learnt so much so thanks guys. I'm not one to normally post but when I did in the early days I got help really fast. This community is what keeps HP going.
Anyway onto how I got to number 1. I'm sorry if you have heard this all before. I'm sure the pros know this stuff way better than I do. But i thought there maybe people out there who could use some basic advice.
1. Keyword research - Find a keyword title with 300 - 5000 monthly searches. Any more will be too hard to rank for. Any less will not really be worth it. Then try and find one with low competition. That's literally all I do. I ignore everything else. Also don't waste to much time on research. The most important thing is to write and to write lots. which brings me to number two.
2. Write lost of hubs (something I haven't yet done) HP and google can be a bit hit and miss. the only way to combat this is to write lots and hope you get lucky. Treat it like a game. There is nothing better than watching a hubs views slowly creep up.
3. Bookmark your hub everywhere you can. Google respects even small back-links from those sites plus you may get some exposure.
4. Write quality articles. If people click away from your post because its short or rubbish you will not rank.
5. Include the exact keyword in every major paragraph, around 1% density - very important. If you can include it in the title and each subtitle that's even better. For example if your article was on Tricks to Lose Weight you might have a subtitle being
Trick to lose weight: ONE
6. Follow all the HP guidelines.Hint: Polls are a great way to organically include your keyword again.
That's it. That's my formula, Hope it helps someone.
Congratulations and great advice, citizen10. Thanks for your generous post. I will have to add #1 and #3 to my formula.
by Glen7 years ago
Bully your way to the top?
by alphonsians935 years ago
Do you know any idea how to make your hub no.1 in google.com?
by Susannah Birch12 months ago
Have I got your attention? Good! I see so many forum posts about people saying they rank Number 1 on Google. Let's clear something up:If you rank number one for something that ZERO people search, that still equals ZERO...
by Super Chef6 years ago
Just searched for one title of one of my hubs and Two of my hubs are in first and second place on the first page of Google. The word I searched was Catering Culinary Terms.
by CJ Monet3 years ago
I just published my first hub and also recently started maintaining a blog and a website. It's all new to me, and everything takes a lot of time because I am learning new things every day. I also work full time 6...
by Ethan Green4 years ago
I've read a lot about the importance of doing keyword research, but then you also get the impression that to really do that research properly can take a long time unless you get lucky early on or really know what you...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.