jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Will hub score affect the traffic to our hubs?

1. goodnews11 profile image85
    goodnews11posted 2 years ago

I want to know whether the hub score affect the traffic to our hubs!

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

The good news (maybe bad news for some) is that the hubscore will not affect your traffic.. As I am sure many other hubbers will tell you, we have high scorring hubs with no traffic and low scoring hubs with lots of traffic...

However aim for a "stella" hub and "tick" all the boxes at the top right when you do your hubs....

3. Cody Hodge5 profile image83
    Cody Hodge5posted 2 years ago

Content is KIng! Write something great and the people will flock to it!

4. Vvitta profile image60
    Vvittaposted 2 years ago

I too am new here and this one of those things that I have been wondering about. if scores mean nothing I am beginning to wonder why it is there??

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Vvitta,

The score is there to drive good behavior according to Hubpages. They have their own view as to what a good hub should look like which is why they always say you should aim for a "stellar" hub - so tick all of the boxes top right when you write your hub, include polls, maps, photos, videos etc..

They are not far from wrong to be honest, the more you have on your page the more chance that the reader will stay that little longer and will interact more which will likely help google to decide that it is worth sending more visitors...

That being said as I have already said and many others have also said; we have hubs that have high scores and little traffic and hubs with low scores with plenty of traffic...

You will also see that scores will jump around a fair bit - I have seen hubs that have changed up or down by 12 points with no change to the hub - I have also had hubs drop 10 points by adding extra text capsules and photos. There is no obvious reason sometimes for the changes in the scores!

Just write a good hub - don't worry overly about the scores - if Google sends traffic you have done something right! Traffic is the real measure of your page..

5. Vvitta profile image60
    Vvittaposted 2 years ago

Thank you for that input. Now I know.

6. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 2 years ago

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about this either.  If you produce great content, the traffic will come.  Your hubscore just won't matter.

7. Janani Shankar profile image81
    Janani Shankarposted 2 years ago

Traffic for your hubs come only from the quality content with appropriate keyword usage, I don't think that your hub score affect your traffic, if you have a good traffic hub score will thereby increase and make you more respectable among your followers.