jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

More specific info on traffic sources?? Pinterest in particular

1. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago

I know when you click on Traffic Sources, you can see general info on how many views have come from where, but I'm looking for more specifics than that.

I thought in the past I had found a place on HubPages where you could see search terms people used to find your hubs. Where is that? I know I can look on Google Analytics, but I'm curious where it is on HP.

Also, is there a way on HP or Google Analytics to see if a certain hub was found from a specific link from Pinterest? On my website I can do that, see which exact Pinterest pins were used to draw people to which article.

Thanks!

1. thefedorows profile image87
      thefedorowsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is a great question!  I, unfortunately, cannot help.  I will look forward to finding out the answer from someone more knowledgeable in the Hub world than myself!   It sure would be helpful to know.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jennifer,

This Hub has steps for setting up Google Analytics with your Hubpages subdomain.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sett … -analytics

1. profile image0
        Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I set up Google Analytics a year ago. I guess you didn't fully read my question, but thanks for trying.

3. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Go to your Hub and click on the 'Stats' button on the top left menu tab.
      When the popup opens,  click on 'Search' from the top menu tab.

1. profile image0

Thanks Writer Fox. As usual, very helpful. I've never seen that before and it's pretty cool.

Still wondering where on Hubpages I've seen keyword searches, at least for the previous day. But I guess I can see that on Google Analytics. Also still wondering if there's anyway to tell what pins on Pinterest I've gotten views from. Apparently, per the stats page you told me about the hub I was wondering about has hardly gotten any views from Pinterest, mostly Google, so at least I know that much.

Thanks again.

2. thefedorows profile image87
    thefedorowsposted 3 years ago

Jennifer, I initially replied back saying that I didn't know the answer.  However, I have since been keeping my eye open for any buttons or tabs I didn't notice before and I think I found something to help! 

When you log into your account, click on the hub you are curious about.   At the top of the hub you will see three black buttons for "edit" "stats" and "delete."   Click on stats.  Now you can choose to see the actual sources of traffic for that specific hub for the past "day" "week" "month" or "total."  You can also click on "search" to see if any search terms were used to find your hub.  As far as I can tell you cannot tell which specific pin brought them to your hub, but you will see if pinterest is the main traffic source for that hub. 

Hope this helps!

1. profile image0

Well that's pretty cool you found that, and thanks for sharing. However, if you read this thread you'll see that Writer Fox told me about it the day I posted the question. wink You must have missed it.

Thanks again. Happy hubbing!

1. profile image0
        LisaKeatingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Writer Fox or jennifer Richey - what does it mean when click on stats then search and it says No search terms found?

2. thefedorows profile image87
        thefedorowsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oops!  I'm sorry for being redundant, Jennifer!  Thank you for your understanding.  You're right...I was just excited to have found something!

working