jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

My first stolen content!

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
    SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago

I guess it was just a matter of time!  It looks like a small blog type site using wordpress.

The title of the post includes my username 'Article title via Space Shanty' which seems a bit strange, do they think it is ok to use my content by giving credit?

There are still contextual links I put in linking to my other Hubs so i guess i score a few more backlinks if nothing else!

What should I do, use the whois lookup, send them a message via the 'contact Us', they have Amazon links on their site, should I tell them they are in breach of Amazon affiliate rules or file a DMCA?

2. ThoughtsWriter profile image80
    ThoughtsWriterposted 2 years ago

Can't tell you too much about what happens now, but it feels strangely good, doesn't it? It's like some sort of validation.

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree! 
      Thank you to all the people who have posted a reply, I filled a DMCA with the site host and got the page removed.

3. ria-majumdar profile image81
    ria-majumdarposted 2 years ago

Contact them and tell them that Hubpages is not WordPress where it's ok to reblog. It is plagiarism to copy paste the entire content even if they put your name up there in the header. People can take inspiration and frame their own content based on what they have read, of course with due credit because they must have liked it enough to base their own post on it.

4. Bills Place profile image82
    Bills Placeposted 2 years ago

I haven't ever tried to check if anyone has used my content (I suppose Copyscape would work?). However, to answer your question I would contact them like rai-majumdar suggested. They may think it's okay by giving credit, but if they refuse to remove it then I would go the extra step and file a DMCA.

You may profit a few backlinks, but in the long run them copying your content (specially word for word) could  hurt you with search engines.

5. SolveMyMaze profile image70
    SolveMyMazeposted 2 years ago

It's great to see that you managed to get it removed. If anyone else is in a similar situation, you should get this removed as soon as possible.
    This is brought about when Google does it's next crawl, they'll end up detecting that there is duplicate content which means that both you and the thief will be penalised for this.

It's not fair on your part, but sadly that's the way Google works. Plus,