Hello

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Katrina Speights profile image68
    Katrina Speightsposted 9 years ago

I couldn't find a specific place to post a hello to everyone, so I decided to put it here. I hope it isn't in the wrong spot. I also couldn't find anything that said I shouldn't introduce myself in this manner. If I was wrong in the way I went about this, I apologize.

My name is Katrina and I just got started a few days handful of days ago. I have always liked writing but never wanted to go through the red tape associated with writing a book. Glad I found this site, I like the idea of the freedom to write whatever I want. Plus the tools to help me improve over all.

Not sure if I should add anything else, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

1. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Katrina! What a Classy way to introduce yourself! Welcome! I am wishing you well! Many Blessings!

Katrina Speightsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the welcome! Sorry about it taking so long to reply, but somehow none of the notifications pointed me to you.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image88
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Katrina!
      Wish you great times ahead. You would definitely enjoy writing here. The HP community is wonderful and very supportive and each day you learn something new. I think that's the best part.
      And yes, what an interesting way to say 'Hello' and meet other friendly hubbers!
      All the best!

Thank you for the welcome, I am looking forward to writing and improving the way in which I write. People have already helped me out and I think that is wonderful.

3. sripoonam profile image61
      sripoonamposted 9 years agoin reply to this

hey Hi katrina , I am poonam , I too have started hub since 3 days back.I hope this is a great place to learn and interract.See you around .... hub pages

Hello and thank you, welcome to hubpages as well. I have found the people most willing to help. If you get stuck, just ask and you will be pointed in the right direction.

2. Joshua-C-Rarrick profile image42
    Joshua-C-Rarrickposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages smile

Thank you, I'm really excited by all the possibilities.

1. Joshua-C-Rarrick profile image42
        Joshua-C-Rarrickposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am fairly new here myself, as you can see, but so far I like the community here. This is MUCH more laid back than the normal journalism and stock market reports I write lol.

I bet, I heard there is a lot of stress involved with that kind of writing

There can be a large amount of stress, but it is very rewarding as well. I remember the first time I had a piece quoted by the NYT I was like a little kid at an amusement park LOL.

LOL, I would have been too, though maybe a bit overwhelmed as well.

I felt that as well...Since then I have had pieces used by CNBC, FOXBusiness, Reuters, and several other major networks, as well as sparking the interest of some very famous investors and CEOs to the point they started tracking me through social media. I thought these were HUUUUGE accomplishments until I learned that pretty much any writer who writes about a company or product a lot tends to catch that company's interest lol. I am most likely one of thousands of writers they track...When I look at it like this I am definitely much more humble than the day my first piece was published LOL

No doubt, but congratulations on being recognized anyway. I'm pretty sure a lot aren't.

I agree! There are many writers here who have much more skill and experience than I do. I am loving the reading and research material I have found here! More Hubbers should be in the limelight of the press!

3. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages Katrina! I hope you will like it here.

Thank you, so far I already do. I'm still figuring out everything, and think it will be a while before I have everything down, but I'm enjoying myself.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

Welcome! If you need help figuring stuff out the Learning Center has lots of tutorials and explanations. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Thank you, lol I have been spending a lot of time there. Plus looking through all the questions and answers and such.

5. Romeos Quill profile image74
    Romeos Quillposted 9 years ago

Welcome along Katrina! There are some really great writers and talented folk here at HP; haven't visited for a while, but the community here is superb and very supportive. I certainly wish you well in your new endeavours. smile

Thank you, I'm looking forward to all this site has to offer. I agree with you, I have already read some very top notch articles.

6. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Weclome, Katrina. My tip would be to remember that if you are writing under your real name (and being tracked liked Joshua), your opinion on everything will be in full view of all who choose to research you.

So if, for instance, you decide to apply for a job in the future, HP will be just one of the places they find out about you.

With that in mind, I trust you'll enjoy being on HP. smile

Yes this is my real name, I have no problem telling people my opinions. smile
      Truth is I don't really want to be apart of the hustle and bustle, I really want to spend my life hiking from place to place. This site gives me the chance to do that and write without all the stress involved. Thank you for the welcome and the warning.

7. profile image57
    goodfuturereincposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages

Thank you

8. csmiravite-blogs profile image74
    csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years ago

I read your article about graveyards and it is great! I didn't know that creepy things can still look..... well, creepy! Nice hub and welcome to the site! big_smile

1. ARUN KANTI profile image47
      ARUN KANTIposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages. Joining this writing site I have learnt a lot while publishing my short stories/essays based on my lifelong experience. Wish you a very successful; literary journey with us.

Thank you, I'm hoping to improve myself as well. I've always enjoyed writing and this seems like the perfect opportunity for me.

2. Katrina Speights profile image68

Thank you, I do enjoy all things creepy. smile

9. WriterJanis profile image92
    WriterJanisposted 9 years ago

Hello and welcome!

Thank you!

10. sparkleyfinger profile image87
    sparkleyfingerposted 9 years ago

Hi and welcome!! Have decided to follow you because your hubs are quite cool! Hope to read more of them :-)

Thank you! I've got a hundred ideas, just trying to sort them all, lol.

11. delaneyworld profile image71
    delaneyworldposted 9 years ago

A very warm welcome to you, Katrina! Glad you are here and hope you have lots of fun! smile

Thank you, I'm already having fun. I love to write and tell stories. This has given me the chance to do it in a way I like.

12. paulburchett profile image60
    paulburchettposted 9 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

Thank you!

13. Justin McLean profile image82
    Justin McLeanposted 9 years ago

Welcome! I'm fairly new here as well, but I really enjoyed reading your work. Good luck here and have fun with it smile

Thank you, the same to you as well!

14. spartucusjones profile image91
    spartucusjonesposted 9 years ago

Welcome to the Hubpages community! It can be a fun and welcoming place.

Thank you. I went to bed last night and woke up to a lot of welcome, so I see what you mean.

15. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 9 years ago

nice to meet you smile you will find a great community of writers here smile

Thank you, and to you as well. I'm really glad to have found it, kinda surprised it took me this long. Just didn't know to look for this kind of of thing. The people here have been very welcoming and supportive already, and I appreciate it.

16. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Katrina, you will meet many friends here. Someone has already given you the link to the Learning Center but feel free to ask questions anytime that you need information which you cannot find. Other writers, even the staff, are glad to assist.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that and I hope to be able to help in the future once I figure it all out myself.

17. amiebutchko profile image71
    amiebutchkoposted 9 years ago

Welcome Katrina!

Thank you!

18. Inspired Heart profile image78
    Inspired Heartposted 9 years ago

Hi Katrina, welcome! I hope you will have a great time on Hubpages.

Thank you, I already am and wish you the same!

19. isharkbait profile image94
    isharkbaitposted 9 years ago

Welcome! I think you will like what you find here. There is literally something for everyone. If I may offer a few tips that have helped me: write out ideas you have for hubs, write about what you are interested in and passionate about, and try to use as many of your own pictures as possible.

If you ever need help with anything on this site don't hesitate to ask for help. You will get the answers you are looking for, and most people are more than happy to explain how certain things work (like the whole getting paid thing). Best of luck, and have fun!

Thank you, I do already have a note book with over 3 pages of ideas written, picking which one I want to write about and also feel confident about (if I'm ready for it or if I don't feel I can do the topic justice) is what I'm working on now.

20. P Priyadarshana profile image79
    P Priyadarshanaposted 9 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! I'm sure you will love your stay here! And the community even more!!!

Thank you! I'm already having a good time.

21. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Hi Katrina, welcome and good luck.

22. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Hi Katrina, welcome and good luck.

Thank you!

23. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 9 years ago

Hello, welcome aboard!

Hi, thank you very much!

24. ComfortB profile image84
    ComfortBposted 9 years ago

Hello,

Welcome to Hubpages Katrina! You're in the right place, and yes you can holler from anywhere!

Hello, thank you for the warm welcome.!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)