jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Stumbleupon help

1. johnb0127 profile image78
    johnb0127posted 7 years ago

So I started Stumbleupon and got to enter 11 of my hubs into the database.  As I was entering my 12, it wouldn't let me go past the second part of posting a new site!  What the crap am I doing wrong?

2. bhoge profile image57
    bhogeposted 7 years ago

I think SU restrict the submitting from one site. You can't submit more than 10 or 12 from one site big_smile

3. johnb0127 profile image78
    johnb0127posted 7 years ago

OK great, thats what I needed to know.  Thanks!

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

what you need to know is how you can easily circumvent this restriction...either post a short summary with link to your hubs on another site that you control or use URL shortening services that are accepted by SU (tinyURL is blocked but their are hundreds of others to choose from)

4. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

If you check the FAQ's, they explain that this means you uploaded too much stuff from one site. If you start stumbling other stuff, it will eventually reinstate your ability to submit stuff. It's basically a warning not to flood them with your personal content and also to prevent spammers.

In the future, whenever you submit something, spend about five minutes stumbling through independent sites and you won't have a problem. Otherwise, at some point, they will ban you. It's rather easy if you install the toolbar.