jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Changing name next to HubPages generated copyright symbol

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

There are many hubbers who do not use their real name as their screen name, but have their real name appear on their profile page. It appears to the right of their screen name in small green letters.  When I take a look at one of these hubbers' hubs, their hubpages generated copyright name at the bottom of the hub uses their real name instead of their screen name.

If I add my real name onto my profile page will the name change on the copyright symbol retroactively and appear on all of my hubs, or will the change start on any new hubs that I write?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hadn't even looked at that.  Since the ability to put the copyright notice is fairly new, it isn't on all of my hubs.
      I actually don't have my real name filled in on my profile, so the © symbol precedes my screen name.  However, I've made no secret of my real name, either, as it appears with my photos and any of my pathetic attempts at artwork. wink

2. Marie Flint profile image92
    Marie Flintposted 3 years ago

I had taken my full name off for a short while, then added it back on later. Copyright changed automatically. I hope this answers your question.

3. Marie Flint profile image92
    Marie Flintposted 3 years ago

P.S. That was on all hubs (retroactively).

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marie!

4. The Dirt Farmer profile image95
    The Dirt Farmerposted 3 years ago

Hi Glimmer Twin Fan. Here's how it worked for me.I changed my name in my profile page so that the copyright notice would appear in my real name on my hubs. The notice changed on all of the hubs for which I had selected the copyright notice through hub tools. Hubs for which I had typed in a copyright notice, of course, did not change. Unless something's changed in the program, I imagine your experience will be the same.

working