jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Request to Change URL or Title

1. Easy Exercise profile image89
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

SEO is a hard science.and yet we are not able to update/change/amend our url readily, Yes, we can re-write, re-create but wouldn't it be nice to write a hub, then do the SEO and amend the url?

I am not good with SEO and writer's block hits me when I start looking at the SEO. I don't write for money, I write for acknowledgement but all too often my title, my url doesn't really match the best word choices for what the article ended up looking like.

Am I alone in this dilemma?

I am not proposing accepting all changes. I am proposing allowing a provision to only seasoned writers with a hub score above x to allow a request to be made to change the url.

This I feel would help my traffic and also HubPages traffic. We are partners in this traffic generation game are we not?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Easy,

While you can not change your URL after it has been created, you can still change your title at any time by editing your Hub.

2. Easy Exercise profile image89
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

Yet, the url plays such an important part in the search engine optimization.
    Even if we had a method to copy and the hub and delete the old one, if we use the keyword tools and completely revamp the hub.
    I don't see where the programming for this change would be too difficult. HubPages excels at programming and that is one reason why I am here - they provide the ease of creation and promotion and have trained me the key words are essential.
    Writers evolved and learning to write and then revamping into the next article that incorporates the best search engine tools is what the Google games is all about. No traffic, no readers, no revenue.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago

I often change the titles around, and have thought we should be able to change the URL, as well. Then, I looked at it this way; I now have people who will be able to find my hub based on the wording of the URL and the title.  It may not work if you are completely changing the feel of a hub, but in most cases, a little reworking doesn't change the whole Hub.

4. mommytalks profile image84
    mommytalksposted 2 years ago

Hello?! Why would you want to change the URL? You should never mess around with your permalinks after you hit publish. Its like starting back at square one. Not to mention that EMD is not what it used to be ....

5. crazyduck profile image80
    crazyduckposted 2 years ago

Don't change the URL after you have published it as then it will affect your SEO. I think we should be allowed to change the URL before we publish it at any time. Just get your keywords in the permalink by editing it before you start, that's what I do. For example I have a hub about how to pass levels 1-10 of something. For that I leave the title as how to beat xxx levels 1-10, but for the URL I edit it to say all the levels in between.

Just get your keywords in the summary if you can't change the URL as it will still be better than not at all.

6. Crystal Kamm profile image60
    Crystal Kammposted 2 years ago

Agree! As a certified SEO copywriter, I also say don't change the URL after the fact as the page may already be indexed. The URL is important, but the header tags and keywords in the body are a lot more important.