jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Major Site Interface Redesign maybe?

1. joween18 profile image83
    joween18posted 2 years ago

Well the current hubpages UI is good, but I noticed websites like Facebook and Twitter had major site redesigns. So maybe, just maybe, Hubpages should redesign as well. And should be responsive? I guess, with jQuery animations, with flat designs, plus more complex and free hub visual editor? With more text capsule options? Or make everything more modern, I guess. When I say free, I mean more customizations. smile

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Suzanne. I hate some of the changes Facebook has made.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Like Barbara, I agree with Suzanne.

Isn't HubPages already responsive? It certainly seems to be.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
        Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, we did make recent changes such that most content is now responsive.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We are constantly working on revising the site to make the reader and author experience more rewarding.

For example, we recently changed the social media sharing buttons, to add support for additional networks as well as improve Hub load time. You can find an announcement of that on our blog.
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2014/05/hub-im … l-buttons/
      Keep your eye on the blog for future site feature and related announcements.

joween18posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wooh! The Facebook Share Button is the one I've been wanting for... Thanks for this. smile

2. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

If it aint broken, there's no need to fix it. The current design is great, easy to navigate and looks fine.

3. Suzanne Day profile image97

And the new Twitter redesign is really bad, just copying Facebook and Google+ and totally not looking like Twitter anymore. I don't understand why people rush to redesign perfectly good designs. Just add features and play with a logo or something if you're feeling antsy!

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

HubPages has had several site redesigns over the years.

5. joween18 profile image83
    joween18posted 2 years ago

How about adding more option to customize in making hubs? Wordpress like maybe? hehe just saying.. smile I know its already cool, but it can be cooler.

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I still want soothing music in the background when we have blue arrows. And maybe some old style rock and roll for the red ones.

7. Suzanne Day profile image97

I'm not saying that adding functionality is wrong and neither is fixing things that could be better. But change for the sake of change? Doesn't always work on the web...

joween18posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have an idea, how about give the users and readers to switch designs? Like going to a lite version or the original current version of the site, or the fancy ones with animations for powerful computers... Just asking..

I had this experience once in odesk.com when they decided to redesign as well, and they give the users options to switch,  and by time change the whole websites when users get used to it..

8. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 2 years ago

I would like to see HubPages get their view counter fixed before they go onto some big site redesign project.  It seems as if they just turn the server off every night, as the views stop for about 8 hours.

9. EZ Swim Fitness profile image84
    EZ Swim Fitnessposted 2 years ago

I would like to see the search refined. Searching for something inside of HubPages is frustrating, I see the many Hubbers "names" come up who meet the key term who safely are no longer active. This, I feel is a disservice to the active Hubbers who have remain loyal and dedicated over the years.

Other than that, I have seen dozens of changes from the social media to the copyright to the layout to the mobile and much more. Overall, I must say, HubPages has been very responsive.

Great thread - keep it going. I think comparing to the other social sites is a good thing - keeps us all on our toes.

working