jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

Hub That Suddenly Takes Off

1. QuoteAmber profile image92
    QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago

I wrote a hub when I first started here that didn't get many views for months. In the last month or so, though, it has suddenly taken off and gotten a semi-steady influx of views.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually it's normal. 

In the long term, most of your traffic will come from Google.   It takes time for your Hub to move up the search engine rankings enough for people to notice it - sometimes days, sometimes weeks, but usually months.

QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering why. Thanks! XD

1. Rock_nj profile image90
          Rock_njposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Usually it's because someone has found it and started sharing it on a message board or social media site.  Then, other like-minded people start sharing it, and the traffic spikes.  That will likely also increase its weight in search engines, helping it gain even more views.  Which hub is it?

It is one of my very first hubs about Tindo the solar powered hub.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Regularly.

2. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 2 years ago

Approaching two years here, I now realize that some of the low-scoring hubs that I had first written probably shouldn't have been deleted. Thank you for sharing this experience.

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
    csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago

I wrote an article when I first started on this site about a topic that does not interest anyone, except one group. I was not active the last one year but when I visited my HP site a month ago, I was surprised that it got half of my total views for the period. It just picked up from Google out of nowhere and still continues to get views till today. I added three more articles on the same subject matter, and its moving along on their own steam without me doing anything.

That's good to know, thanks! Because a lot of what I write is very specific and doesn't interest anyone but me and a small group of people too.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I've gotten really lucky twice: when Queensryche split with their lead singer (amidst much controversy) a while back I wrote a Hub about it, which someone (not me) linked on the band's official Facebook page. From there it went out in Queensryche's official Twitter feed and ended up on a number of fan forums and blogs. That hub picked up almost 10,000 views in less than a week and to this day it still gets a few hits a day. I wish stuff like that would happen more often, I'd have no worries! Haha

On a slightly smaller scale I have written a ton of movie review Hubs, but my best performing one is a review of a particularly terrible SyFy channel movie, which still gets a bump in views everytime SyFy re-runs it (which happens every few months). I have no idea why people tend to gravitate towards this one particular review over the dozens of others I've written, but I'm not complaining either.

I wished that would happen to me more too!

5. Jacob J Morris profile image93
    Jacob J Morrisposted 2 years ago

Congratulations! It's always exciting to have content take off!

6. joween18 profile image83
    joween18posted 2 years ago

I was just starting here on Hubpages. Thank you for sharing this rather inspiring experience.. smile  It gives me the drive to write more hubs!

7. FatFreddysCat profile image96

That SyFy Channel movie I mentioned in an earlier post got a sudden bump in views again today.... I sez "Hmm, SyFy must've re-run it again" ... went to SyFy's web site, checked their program schedule, aaaaand yep, it aired at 2 PM today and will air again at 2 AM. Happens every time!! I must be Google's go-to guy for queries about this particular movie.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image96

SyFy re-ran that movie yet again this afternoon and once again my Hub about it got a nice traffic bump. Geez, a guy could get used to this. Thanks SyFy!

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
      csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I only get views on one particular niche. Not much, but it's always there. It is about NGAS, a techie stuff that only CPA practitioners and accountancy students would be interested in. All the other articles would need resuscitation every now and then so it won't pass out and go to the next dimension.

Holy cow, I need to study SEO and backlinking lest the admin staff takes the articles off for being dead due to "no-views syndrome."   big_smile

writer_csm

9. traveltopng profile image78
    traveltopngposted 2 years ago

Aging hubs do better than the recently published. We have been in HP for a a while and decided to create new accounts. This is one. Our old hubs perform extremely well. So quality is something. But then again, age is another.. Put that together with quantity and yeah. Few bucks.....

10. Dale Rodgers profile image81
    Dale Rodgersposted 2 years ago

Maybe someone discovered it and shared it on a social network or linked back to it in a post from their website. There's a whole load of reasons why this may have happened, but as long your getting traffic, hey who cares smile

11. tmcphail1 profile image80
    tmcphail1posted 2 years ago

Yes, six months ago I wrote a hub and nothing happened with it so I took a break from writing for a few months, well a couple of days ago I got an email saying I hit a milestone.  When I went to check on my page, what I saw was amazing to me enough so I applied for adsence and received my first payment. That's amazing!  I guess sometimes patience is all that's needed to become better at something you like. Congrats to you and keep on writing.

working