A bigger facebook like/share button

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Sharooq profile image69
    Sharooqposted 9 years ago

The social network share button in hubs is too small for people to notice.I feel that if it is made larger more people can like/share our hubs,given they like it.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, we've got some improvements to the social buttons in the works. Keep an eye out for an announcement soon. wink

Sharooqposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank Christy.Will be waiting :-)

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see the changes as they look good and I hope they help.

3. Sharooq profile image69

wow.that was quick.Like the changes.Keep it up.

2. Anaydena profile image82
    Anaydenaposted 9 years ago

Did they take the Facebook share button off Hubpages? I can't find them at all! I see the Pinterest and Twitter ones, but not the Facebook one anymore. They should also add Reddit or StumbledUpon or Tumblr button to share too. Their sharing options are very limited considering this is a traffic driven site.

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The more buttons that are added to a site, the less likely readers are to share the post.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How is that so? The more buttons the better the possibilities that people will share them, especially if they are part of one of them like in my case; Facebook,Twitter,Tumbler and Reddit.

1. Anaydena profile image82
          Anaydenaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with @LuisEGonzalez that it would help, not hinder the sharing quality of hubs. Some people have Facebook, but not Pinterest or Twitter. Some people have a Pinterest or Twitter but no Facebook, etc. So wouldn't it be BETTER to have a variety so that you can share with either or, or more than one to help build a fan base and build more revenue?

2. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

People don't like too many choices. Most are social savvy enough to know how to share without using a button, anyway. The more buttons you have, the longer it takes to load, hence why the Google Plus button was removed.

So they take out the Facebook page? I don't have an active Twitter account, and I really don't use Pinterest like that... Facebook is more popular anyway... so take out the Pinterest or Twitter and they should put Facebook back. Simple resolve smile

1. WryLilt profile image89

Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest are the three currently on hubs. Most likely it's not loading on your end for some reason; I can still see them here.

Hmm... interesting.. okay, well thank you for that, I appreciate all of your help!

3. Sharooq profile image69
    Sharooqposted 9 years ago

what i meant was a larger button like you have in youtube or some other article sites so that it will be more visible.
    More likely a large square button for each site that moves along with scrolling.with atmost 4 sites.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it might benefit to have the sharing buttons be a little bit larger. They are rather small, and tucked off to the side. I don't mind that they are off to the side, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to make them a little larger.

Yup,lets' hope the hubpages developers see this.

4. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 9 years ago

I opened my HubPages and saw these new social media share buttons and they are so brilliant. They are on the right hand side of my hubs, with Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest share buttons. What is really awesome is the return of Google plus buttons for sharing our hubs.

Now people from other social media will share more of our hubs. The hubs are spreading, and I love the improvements.

Thank you for caring about our hubs and helping us to get them seen by more and more people. And I welcome the "H" button for sharing our work with our followers on Hubpages.

HubPages is doing things right, and I approve of this. Thank you so much.

~ Cathy

5. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8985752_f248.jpg

6. Hamshi profile image66
    Hamshiposted 9 years ago

I love the new social share buttons, they look brilliant and much much better!

7. Writer Fox profile image33
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

I'm so glad that Google+ was added.  I do think the buttons would be more effective if the correct logo colors were used instead of black and white.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the feedback! We started out with monochrome but intend to test colors and a few different placements in the near future.

The placement right now is good.

All you need to do is add colours(the standard share button colours) and add the share counts.
        I think share counts is more important because people tend to follow the herd-I mean,people tend to share pages which already have a large share count.

8. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 9 years ago

Thanks HP!  This is a tremendous improvement compared to the old social sharing buttons.  Happy to see G+ back too!

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

Problems:

-We no longer have share counts.
    -They're all black, so stand out less.
    -Technically they break copyright rules because they don't match the designated designs meant for sharing buttons on those sites.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I like the size of the buttons. I have no idea about the copyright issue with the shape of the buttons. I don't like that they are B&W, and that they no longer list the share count. It is nice to see that they load a lot faster, though.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WryLilt, thanks for the feedback! We plan to test the effect colors and counts have on shares.

Regarding copyright, we are compliant with each of the brands' logo usage guidelines. big_smile All of them allow monochrome colors. When we test additional colors, we will use the ones provided in Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Google's brand guidelines.

1. WryLilt profile image89

Awesome, thanks! Look forward to watching the testing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)