jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Copied Content Success!

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

One of my hubs was copied about a month ago and I only got the little red c by my hub a few days ago.
    I sent a message to the site owner but they didn't reply, so after following guidance from Hub pages and a few other Hubbers in forum posts I sent a DMCA to the hosting company.  They said they would give the owner 48 hours to take it down in good faith.  Just checked the page where my content was, a nice 403 FORBIDDEN page comes up!

The entire site looks like it has been taken down or blocked!

tdp-technologies [dot] com

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wonderful news, SpaceShanty, happy for your resolution.

2. HappyMikeWritter profile image61
      HappyMikeWritterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Happy for you! Glad you got helped :-)

1. Alison Graham profile image92
        Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see the site was hosted by Hostgator - I have nothing but good things to say about them, my own sites are hosted there and everyone is always so helpful if I have a problem. Well done on a successful result - gives me the enthusiasm to tackle the crop of my hubs that have sprouted a little red C this past week!

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
          SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have heard good things about Hostagtor too, unlimited hosting for multiple domains on their middle package.  Just because people use it to host copied content doesn't mean it's bad in anyway.

2. SpaceShanty profile image92
        SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This hub helped me in addition to others http://hubpages.com/hub/Copying-Article … nt-Removed

2. robhampton profile image89
    robhamptonposted 3 years ago

I have succesfully removed 2 sites so far for copied content. Sometimes all it takes is going to whois.com and getting all their info and sending them an email letting you know all there info and posting their name, address and phone within the email. They are usually surprised that you are armed with that knowledge and quickly remove the copied content. 2 sites that ignored me, I filed a complaint and in less than a week, got an email from Google, and one from hostgator, that they had successfully been removed.

working