jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

The noindex tag is even more deadly than I thought.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I published a hub a few days ago. It was one of the ones that took 24 hours to get featured.

Sure enough, Google dropped by during the pending stage. They graciously admired the noindex tag and departed.

Since being featured, Google has been by no less than three times. Yet, the article is still nowhere to be found on Google.

I was hoping for the article to be naturally indexed. For some intuitive reason, I figured that would have more weight than me asking Google to do it. Could be wrong on that, who really knows.

I'll give it another day or two. If still nowhere to be found, I guess I'll have to do the WMT thing.

Meanwhile, a peaceful Memorial Day Weekend for me it is. I hope the same for all.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Not a week goes by when I don't see a website where somehow the "noindex, nofollow" meta tags have been inadvertently added to every page (or even just some pages) of the site." By Jill Whalen

"Completely drop a NOINDEX’ed page" Matt Cutts.

You may be right as some experts advise against using "noindex tags", even temporarily as it can cause traffic to stop or slow down to a trickle for some time after publication.

paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Now THAT really sux. This game is already tough enough without our deliberately shooting ourselves in the foot.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85

And a sincere thanks. I went ahead and informed Google of their depriving humanity of my latest endeavor.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image85
      csmiravite-blogsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Was it the one about PAA? Yup, it's not indexed by the G. My post on PAA about your hub, is what's showing! Heheh!

Yup. And thanks again for doing that. smile smile smile

My post about it on ww w.websitewithnoname.co m also made it there on the front page. Bottom line is that noindex thing is a real crossbones and skull. HP needs to find a better way.

2. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 3 years ago

This is kind of a dumb quesiton I suppose , but where are you finding no index tags?  I have never seen one but I could be looking in the wrong place

When your hub is in pending state, HP plasters a big, fat noindex tag on it. It then goes away when the hub is featured.

You can check if the noindex tag is lurking there at any time by right-clicking your hub and then selecting View Source. I then use the F3 browser search for "noindex" to avoid going blind looking for it.

1. starme77 profile image85
        starme77posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks you smile I will go check around and see if I have any lurking anywhere

3. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

It is like shooting yourself in the foot. The no index tag and messing around with the Hub Pages featuring and un featuring them is dumber than anything Hub Pages ever did. They should let everything flow naturally. This is what Google wants is natural flow. The robot tags are also messing with Google and its search patterns and crawls.

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Happy Hot Dog! The critter is indexed.

working