jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

IS THE FIRST HUB ALWAYS THE CHOICEST?

1. ARUN KANTI profile image57
    ARUN KANTIposted 3 years ago

Sona Uncle and the charm of real India http://arunkanti.hubpages.com/hub/SONA- … REAL-INDIA (4 parts) reigns supreme even though I have since published many other hubs. Is my quality of writing taking a down trend or the charm of Sona uncle is irresistible?

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It probably doesn't have much to do with your writing. I think you chose a very unique topic so there are few webpages on the topic available for people to read so you get more views. I'm not sure how the scoring works, but sometimes the hubs I think are my best work get low scores and the so-so ones get higher scores and views.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

FYI, posting links to your own Hubs in the forums is against The Rules. Just sayin'.

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HP must have thought it pertinent to the question because I did it once, and they took mine down.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We've recently amended the Forum rules to allow people to link to their own Hubs in the Improving Your Hub Forum since we want to encourage Hubbers to seek help and constantly improve their work. Hub Challenges and Improving Your Hub are still the only Forums where it is allowed, though.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I stand corrected. Thanx for the scoop. I was unaware of this change.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No problem! We only announced the change 4 days ago, so I'm sure you're not the only one who hasn't heard yet. smile

3. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

Apparently not. My first hub was so boring it has been put to sleep.

working