jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

International Tax Earnings Programme.

1. cangetthere profile image79
    cangetthereposted 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    The tax issues are often my down fall and the reason I do often shy away from online income. I just find it too complicated when it comes to taxes especially the International side of it. I know how to declare and pay my taxes in my country for what I earn.. I would like to sign up for earnings for my  hubs but for instance Hubpges need  tax forms???
    I live in New Zealand. Hoping someone can help.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We don't get tax forms from Hubpages. I just print out my Paypal account for the year and add up the total income that came from here. Your tax forms are different if you don't  live in the US, so that is as far as I can help.

Let everyone know what country you live in and maybe someone from there can help.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No tax to pay.   Just follow the instructions, saying you're not in the US, and you'll find that all you have to do is complete a statement.  That's it.

As an international writer, you manage your own taxes.

3. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The IRS requires that we collect tax information from all users who may be paid via the HubPages Earnings Program. I suggest using the Tax Form Wizard to help you find the right form.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Marina, another staffer made a statement recently that the IRS does not actually require that information any more, but you are continuing to collect it in case the legislation changes.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
          Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's a good thing my job isn't to keep tabs on IRS laws! tongue

Here is the post Marisa is referring to, in case someone would like to reference it. Thanks for pointing that out! FWIW, continuing to collect tax information also gives us the option to use other methods of payment in the future.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All you need is a record of what you earned in the tax year which you can get from your profile or from paypal.  Then declare that income.

Use the wizard to work out how to send Hubpages what they need to basically ascertain that you are a legal tax payer outside the US.

2. cangetthere profile image79
    cangetthereposted 3 years ago

Thanks Barbara, I may have misread the instruction on Tax when I was looking at joining the Hubpages Earnings Programme. I will take a closer look. I do need lessons .
    Thanks for helping

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. I am happy I could help.

working