jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Should I Split This Hub in Two..or Three?

1. kiwi91 profile image82
    kiwi91posted 7 years ago

I just published this hub yesterday. Is it too long and should I split it into two hubs? I know there's a lot of text to read.

How to Sell Used Clothing on Ebay

Any other suggestions feel free to add! Thank you.

1. anjalichugh profile image88
      anjalichughposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I split a hub when I feel that it's going to bore the readers due to it's undue length. There's no harm in doing that as long as you're able to maintain continuity and curiosity. I did the same with my latest series on 'Chakras' which you can see has been published in 6 parts as on date.

2. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you should split the hub into 6 parts, cut out most of that ebay junk and put some pictures of baywatch models in bikinis!

2. Abhishek87 profile image74
    Abhishek87posted 7 years ago

A good hub, not really lengthy so consider the fact that if you divide it into 2, will it be too short?

3. kiwi91 profile image82
    kiwi91posted 7 years ago

True...it may lack substance if I cut it up. I have some more info I'll be adding down the line, so it would be slightly longer by a paragraph or two. Thanks!

4. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

ok, I was kidding, I really dont feel like your article was long, it was exactly the right size and covered all the bases. I also write hubs about eBay and when your targeting an audience that may be unfamiliar with the subject matter there is a lot of ground to cover...you did this well, very concisely but thorough.

I think its a shame that you had to ask, probably because you have been exposed to so many 300-400 word hubs with nothing but hijacked photos in them...yours is so much better you thought you did something wrong.

what a shame!

Great article

5. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I thought it was a tad long, but there really wasn't a place to separate the hub, unless you did one one selling used clothes and another on selling on ebay with the photo, brand info, title, describing the item.

6. kiwi91 profile image82
    kiwi91posted 7 years ago

I think I'm going to leave it just the way it is. I'm not seeing that spot to split it up either, so it's staying put. Thanks for the critique!

working