jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Hello. I'm brand spanking new here and am just trying things out.

1. Susan Hambidge profile image89
    Susan Hambidgeposted 2 years ago via iphone

It looks like there's loads to learn, a lot of great help too. I think I've already discovered it is useful to have a collection of your own photos of the things you want to write about, so I'm going to start snappy away at every opportunity.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good luck! Yes photos are good, because then you don't run the risk of breaking someone else's copyright. That said, it's quite likely that any photo you upload will end up in Google image search and be stolen by someone else.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Susan! Wishing you the best experience here. (And yes, taking your own photos is absolutely a great idea.)

3. sripoonam profile image60
      sripoonamposted 2 years ago in reply to this

hey susane i m new here too : see you around

4. marieloves profile image81
      marielovesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome Susan! Best of luck.

2. Susan Hambidge profile image89
    Susan Hambidgeposted 2 years ago

Thank you. I'm quite excited about the whole thing right now smile

3. MercCipher profile image61
    MercCipherposted 2 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. There are a lot of helpful people here so don't feel afraid to ask for help. Enjoy writing here and I wish you the best of luck.

4. JulieMProvost profile image61
    JulieMProvostposted 2 years ago

I really like it when I can use my own photos smile

5. Health Reports profile image93
    Health Reportsposted 2 years ago

Welcome aboard!  Best of luck and well wishes!

6. 0
    Jayfortposted 2 years ago

Hi Susan! Welcome to HubPages! I hope you're time here is fun and profitable.

You can never have too many of your own photos. If you plan to write about books or book series and plan to use images of the covers, I recommend making a book stand backdrop.

Best wishes!

7. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

Welcome Susane! You are already off to a great start with your idea to go taking photos, as they greatly improve your chances of getting more traffic. Best of luck!

8. Susan Hambidge profile image89

Thanks for all of your kind words. I have become quite obsessed these last few days reading, reading, reading......on this site and all over the internet. I have also learned I need to organise my photos so I can find them again ha ha ha.

9. Pico Triano profile image82
    Pico Trianoposted 2 years ago

Laughed when I read the title to this. I honestly didn't see it before writing my own similar post today. I have lots to learn here as well but I'm looking forward to making this an important staple in my current writing career. Best of luck.

10. Susan Hambidge profile image89

Hi Pico, obviously great minds think alike! All the best with everything.