jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Flicker photo capsule

1. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 7 years ago

If a photo capsule similar to amazon is made available, appearance of the hubs will be better than their present appearance. Just giving key words related to topic will provide several photographs. There is a provision in squidoo lenses to insert photo module and after giving keywords it autyomatically displays photographs from Flicker. I am not sure about its advantages but it is surely useful as many hubbers have to look for photographs from the net to beautify their hubs.

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
      WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think there would be one huge problem. You'd need to get permission from the owner of the flickr account to do it properly, as most are copyrighted.

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

This idea wouldn't work but I know what would!

Why not have a capsule for Flicker? Like for people to display and sell there pictures here. Due to Flickers standards you can't just put bad images in, they need to meet qualifications. Photographers can have a special "low" price for the pictures they sell on Flicker. This doesn't make Hubpages any money directly, but will grow the community on Hubpages for better or worse.

It's just an idea that sounds cool, will give some people more incentive to join Hubpages and write.

I'd like to see something similar added to Hubpages, there is a lot of growth that can happen here!

PS: Hubpages might be able to work out a deal with Flicker, maybe it get 10% of all sales due to the flicker account being linked here!

3. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Squidoo has this capsule. I like the idea, but you still have to get permission from those who post picures on flickr to post the pictures within the capsule. It's a pain. You can't just post them, even though it gives a link to the original picture.

Currently you can still do the same thing with the current capsule. The only difference there isn't a link back to the original picture. You still have to ask for permission and you can still post using the picture URL, versus the page URL.

1. forlan profile image60
      forlanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

can we submit photo from free photos website. i think it is a good idea

1. Whitney05 profile image67
        Whitney05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can currently get photos from free websites and use them on your hubs... There's no need for a new capsule for it. As long as the free websites allow you to use the pictures without a copyright violation.

4. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 7 years ago

Thanks WhoArtNow, thranx and whitney05 for the opinions about this idea. In fact, my idea was to have a Flicker capsule (similar to squidoo) in addition to existing photo capsule.

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Eh, there's really no point in two different photo capsules, especially if you still have to ask permission either way and you still have to input a link or upload a picture. They're essentially the same thing minus a link back to the original picture, which you can do by posting the web URL in the caption box of the current photo capsule.

6. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I don't see how HubPages could do a deal with Flickr because they're not set up to sell photos.

However, they could do a deal with a company like Dreamstime, or any of the other companies that sell photos.   Obviously, the capsule would only feature photos that are for sale, not the free ones.

That kind of capsule would work exactly like eBay or Amazon but have the benefit of giving you some great-looking photos (without having to ask permission, because you're advertising something that's for sale just like eBay).