jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Just started HubPages, would like to know some advertising tips

1. jay-one profile image82
    jay-oneposted 2 years ago

Hi i'm fairly new to HubPages and was wondering how many hubs (good-quality ones) are recommended for one to make before starting the Ad Program or getting accepted to Google AdSense?

1. Amy Naylor profile image89
      Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe it's the HubPages policy that you need to publish at least 5 hubs before you are eligible to sign up to the AdSense program. However, it is then down to Google to make sure you're appropriate for it, they look to see how active you are, how dedicated you are, and how many views you are receiving. So I'd recommend at least 10 decently sized hubs, and to make sure you're uploading them regularly so that they can see that you are actively producing content.
      Hope this helps!

2. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Generally I believe it's 15-20. Being in Australia, it should be easier than say India, where you have to wait up to six months.

Check out my hub on SEO for some tips on getting started.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

2. Amy Naylor profile image89
    Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago

Also, don't be disheartened if you are denied first time. If there's some sort of violation you can quite easily sort that out, and if it's still a content issue, just keep producing good hubs, wait a month or so, and try again.
    Some people don't get accepted until about 50 hubs

3. jay-one profile image82
    jay-oneposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and tips guys,I'm going to try my best to focus on writing as many good hubs for now. Anyone with tips on advertising and earning money on HubPages are welcome to comment as well smile

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once you get your Adsense account and apply it to your Hubpages account, you don't need to worry about advertising. There are several programs to participate in here that will earn you money.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You're going to want several dozen Hubs that are a couple of months old before you apply for AdSense.  Anyone who says you only need five Hubs is several years out-of-date.

5. akhildev143 profile image85
    akhildev143posted 2 years ago

I think 20 hubs and 1000+ views will be enough for Adsense