jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

First day. Posted a hub. Let me know how I'm doing?

1. Brittneymartin profile image59
    Brittneymartinposted 2 years ago

But I did post a hub- depressing but really, go check it out: the ending is informational. Please give me advice and let me know what you think.

2. goodnews11 profile image86
    goodnews11posted 2 years ago

Write more informative and interesting articles. "Content is king".

All the best!!

3. lbsf1 profile image85
    lbsf1posted 2 years ago

Split it up, at the moment it is a bit of a wall of text. This means that anyone who finds your article from google,ect is just likely to skip over it as they "can't be bothered to read all that".

If your page is more appealing with pictures and the writing split up with separate headings they are much more likely to stay longer.

4. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 2 years ago

Yep, ibsf1 is correct, Brittney. Break you text up into short paragraphs for easier reading and add some personal or public domain pics. And for Google's sake, don't be shy about using an asterisk with the four-letter words. Those Drs. had you in a daze. Face life and overcome without the pills, you'll be much happier in the long run. But you know that now so best wishes.

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image85
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

Welcome to hubpages.  This is all good advice here, but you nailed the emotion of writing about a vivid experience.  Do the dress-it-up stuff then keep on writing.  You've got the chops! 

Might add some Amazon books at the end about overdose, medical advice, being your own medical advocate, etc.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Brittney.
    I agree about it being but you should break it down into smaller paragraphs. Have you heard of the capsules yet? Here are a couple of areas to check out:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/great-content (You may want to read all of this or scroll halfway down to read the capsule section)
    Also try to add 3 photos (hospital, medical, etc.)