jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

HubScore

1. Katrina1981 profile image80
    Katrina1981posted 3 years ago

Can you improve the score on your hub by editing the original hub after it was initially scored?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Scores are empty numbers. It's traffic and earnings which indicate how your hub is doing. Scores increase with time anyway.

Katrina1981posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply. I am a new Hubber.  I'm still trying to figure out the scoring system works. I've read the FAQ's time and time again,  but can't seem to break the 60-80 range.

1. peeples profile image88
          peeplesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry Katrina. I have been here 4 years. I have hubs that rank on the first page of google, get thousands of views a month and yet are given a hub score in 60's and 70's. Just don't worry about HP ranking as long as traffic and google rankings are working. Obviously if I have scores of 70's that are on the first page of searches, those scores mean nothing to google.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Katrina1981 The HubScore is largely based on the QAP.  A score can change each time the Hub is edited and evaluated, so editing your Hubs can be a good strategy to improve these scores.

Keep in mind that HubScore and HubberScore, although they sound pretty similar, are different.

In general a HubScore is unique for each Hub and the HubberScore is for your profile and is largely based on the HubScores from all of your Hubs.

You can find a bit more about each here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

Matthew,  thanks a bunch for the feedback!   I want to continue to do my best to create quality hubs for everyone to enjoy.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76

I know the names alone can make the scores a bit confusing sometimes.
          Glad to help!

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image88
        csmiravite-blogsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is good I saw this thread. I kept wondering why my hub score keeps fluctuating. My hubber score too took a four point dipped in four weeks. I was able to upped it when I posted new articles. The link from Matthew is a great help. Thanks much!

writer_csm

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76

You are very welcome!

2. Katrina1981 profile image80

Yes, the article was a tremendous help!

2. magictrickshq profile image60
    magictrickshqposted 3 years ago

Appreciate the help. I knew a little about hubs and scores, but this article was certainly a boost to my knowledge

working