jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

YouTube google ads

1. Janet21 profile image64
    Janet21posted 8 years ago

I am not certain if this has already been discussed here, so forgive me if I missed it.   I just noticed on one of my hubs that my full screen youtube video had a google ad embedded in it.  I was wondering if someone clicks on that ad, do I receive the earnings or does it go to youtube?  I would think youtube would get the click, but I am not sure.  If it does go to youtube, I am kind of bummed since it somewhat takes away from the google ads that earn me money.   

Thoughts?

2. profile image0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Best way to find out is to right click mouse and go to page source. Read the html looking for the google_ad scripting code and see if your pub_id is in there.

Another way is to go to view tab on the top of your browser and view page source.

60% of the time it is your pub_id and the other 40% is Hubpages.

3. matiskater profile image61
    matiskaterposted 8 years ago

well here it comes!!!    youtube has something called partners and those partner videos have adsense ads in them and if someone clicks on that ad it doesnt go to youtube it goes to the partner!!!. i was close in becoming a partner with this account "youtube.com/HelpExpert"

i hope that helpd you!!

4. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Any ad displayed on a youtube video goes straight to the publisher of the video, NOT YOU.

If your American, and you use Youtube, you can sign up for adverts on your videos. But only works if your in America and it's your video to upload.

Janet21posted 8 years ago in reply to this

That is what I thought.  I changed the size of the video, from full screen to the smaller display.  The google ad no longer appears now.

By the way, why the caps?  I kind of felt like you were yelling at me. wink

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
        WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I wasn;t yelling at you, I just wanted to make sure people read it correctly, I've said things on forums before and people have mis read them and blamed me for it. I probably should have just used bold.

Please accept my apologies.

Andre

[edit] Oh and Janet, I just became your 100th fan. Congratulations! [edit]

Janet21posted 8 years ago in reply to this

No harm done. smile 

Thanks for being my 100th fan.  I had 99 for like a week now hoping to hit the magic 100.  Now, I have my very first medal.   I feel so proud!

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
            WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Your welcome! I'm glad they brought the medals in, I know it does nothing, but it's quite nice to have things to aim for!

2. BristolBoy profile image84
      BristolBoyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Is this still the case as I was watching a video on Youtube the other day from Cornwall and it was followed immediately after by an advert for a major credit card company.  Or was it I saw a trial or somehow Youtube/Google thought I was in America?

working