I am not certain if this has already been discussed here, so forgive me if I missed it. I just noticed on one of my hubs that my full screen youtube video had a google ad embedded in it. I was wondering if someone clicks on that ad, do I receive the earnings or does it go to youtube? I would think youtube would get the click, but I am not sure. If it does go to youtube, I am kind of bummed since it somewhat takes away from the google ads that earn me money.
Best way to find out is to right click mouse and go to page source. Read the html looking for the google_ad scripting code and see if your pub_id is in there.
Another way is to go to view tab on the top of your browser and view page source.
60% of the time it is your pub_id and the other 40% is Hubpages.
well here it comes!!! youtube has something called partners and those partner videos have adsense ads in them and if someone clicks on that ad it doesnt go to youtube it goes to the partner!!!. i was close in becoming a partner with this account "youtube.com/HelpExpert"
i hope that helpd you!!
Any ad displayed on a youtube video goes straight to the publisher of the video, NOT YOU.
If your American, and you use Youtube, you can sign up for adverts on your videos. But only works if your in America and it's your video to upload.
That is what I thought. I changed the size of the video, from full screen to the smaller display. The google ad no longer appears now.
By the way, why the caps? I kind of felt like you were yelling at me.
I wasn;t yelling at you, I just wanted to make sure people read it correctly, I've said things on forums before and people have mis read them and blamed me for it. I probably should have just used bold.
Please accept my apologies.
 Oh and Janet, I just became your 100th fan. Congratulations! 
No harm done.
Thanks for being my 100th fan. I had 99 for like a week now hoping to hit the magic 100. Now, I have my very first medal. I feel so proud!
Is this still the case as I was watching a video on Youtube the other day from Cornwall and it was followed immediately after by an advert for a major credit card company. Or was it I saw a trial or somehow Youtube/Google thought I was in America?
by Bible Studies6 years ago
I got into an interesting discussion on another thread, and thought it would make a good thread itself. The question of the day is how do you feel about other hubbers clicking on an ad in your hubs?Personally I really...
by Jason Menayan3 years ago
Hello everyone,Major announcement - HubPages Video is now live!You can upload Videos - which will be similar to popular YouTube and Vimeo videos in that they autoplay and can be embedded on other sites. HubPages Video...
by Tessa Schlesinger3 months ago
I am soooo excited about WanderWisdom. That's because I have visited so many countries, continents, cities, etc. and I have enough photos to fill up a library.The thing is that I can't use them all as photos, but if I...
by Aiden Roberts6 years ago
Hi Everyone,I have just published my latest puppy training hub and I am wondering should I use a video? I haven't used videos before as I am not sure of the rules for example with YouTube?If you don't mind and have some...
by BundleBoy7 years ago
Instead of fiddling around with Google Adsense and Analytics to figure out which Hub is making me money, Can the team add a new feature to show number of ad clicks for each hub?I am techie and I have been fiddling...
by Jennifer9 years ago
I have been writing for hubpages for 10 months now and never seemed to be betting many ad clicks. As soon as I would write a hub I would blog about it and advertise it on other forums I belong to. I realized...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.