jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Transfer Hubs to New Account

1. 0
    paintgirleeposted 2 years ago

When I opened my account I was not thinking about a business and branding myself - now that I am trying to build my business and want to brand my business name I thought I could just change my user name. I have found that I cannot do that (I think they should allow you a one time change). I also found that you cannot transfer your hubs -- my question; can you reuse them? In other words, can I change the titles, tweak the text, add copy, etc.?

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You CAN transfer your hubs but you will have to enter them capsule by capsule.... you will also have to clear your existing hub out of google or it will be flagged as a copy..
      You will lose any benefits that the hubs have accrued in the way of aging and also links.
      Also if anyone else has copied your hub, the copy would now be older than your hub so it would appear as if it were the original so ensure copies are eliminated first.
      But with only 7 hubs it should not be too much of a task....

1. 0
        paintgirleeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you this is very helpful, now I just have to figure out how to clear my existing hubs from Google:) -

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can open a new account, then rebuild your Hubs on the new account by copying and pasting from the old Hubs.  However you'll have to unpublish the old Hubs first, and let them clear the Google cache before you recreate them, or you'll get duplicate content warnings. 

As LeanMan says, first check to make sure your Hubs haven't been stolen by anyone in the meantime (try pasting the first sentence into Google, or use a service like Copyscape).

1. 0
        paintgirleeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I'm easily confused by all this - I'm definitely better in the world of arts and crafts. Thanks for helping me:)

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Paintgirlee, you've been on the site for 16 months.  Take a little time, and learn how it all works.