jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Broken Links

1. amiebutchko profile image93
    amiebutchkoposted 2 years ago

Several of my hubs have broken links, and while I am certainly intent on fixing them, I was wondering how urgently others make this a priority in their own hubbing?  For some reason, videos get taken down, or reference sites go dormant...  how diligently do others keep updating?  Is there a rule of thumb?

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I remove the broken links as soon as I am aware of them. I've always heard Google frowns on them and we have to please Google. The last few days, I've been surprised how many broken links there are. It is like sites are disappearing like crazy.

2. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Every time I log into HP, I make it a point to check for broken links and fix them as soon as I know about them. I know HP doesn't like them and I probably hate them more. I don't want my readers wasting time clicking on links that don't work.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

This is something which you always have to keep an eye out for Amie. Unless there is a notice on your stats page the only way that you see it is by editing the Hubs and you must immediately correct - or remove - the links/videos.