The F-Bomb Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (46 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Got an F-Bomb? Feel free to drop it here.

The only prohibited targets are HP and other fellow Hubbers. I'll start.

TWC bills people for unrendered services. TWC can go F-Bomb themselves.

F-Bomb all telephone solicitors and other spammers.

The summer internet traffic pattern has really F-Bombed me.

Why does "B" continually keep F-Bombing things up?

Is this one F-Bombing thread or what?

2. amuno profile image89
    amunoposted 9 years ago

Is the f word illegal in forums? Just asking

paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep, profanity is a forum no-no. Though "hell", "damn", and "crap" have been and seem to be allowable exceptions.

Side note. I rewrote the op. Came up with a better way than the banana way. Should have gone the new way to begin with. Guess I'm slow in the IQ department today. Wouldn't be the first.

1. bethperry profile image82
        bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I ate at Fudruckers and then dive bombed for the restroom.
        How 'bout that? lol

It's a start. big_smile

2. Zelkiiro profile image86
          Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Fuddruckers? Man, they must have changed the name on me, because I was just there yesterday and it was called Buttfu...well, something else.

1. bethperry profile image82
            bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol!

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

I thought there would be more of an F-bombing response to this F-bombing thread. I guess the world is more content than I thought it was. big_smile

4. ChristinS profile image41
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Ok, I have one smile My frustration of the week is that I am having a heck of an f-bombing time trying to get my pool levels balanced.  High pH and alkalinity but everything else is fine.  I also ran over 2 miles today and was feeling great then promptly came home and got a f-bombing migraine which has had me out of commission most of the rest of today.  fun forum thread smile lol

Good Ones! big_smile

I'm still dealing with my F-bombing corrupted computer bios. My big project for this week is to finally get the F-bombing thing fixed.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
      DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL,  ChristinS--
         Some years back, we set up our summer-only pool (3500 gallons; the kind with the inflated top ring that holds it together...) ... and we decided to save on the water bill and fill it with our well water.
        Apparently, it has a high metal or mineral content, because when we added the pool chemicals, the water turned the color of F-bombing orange soda-pop!  Took it to be tested; they said it was safe, just weird, and we got a neutralizer to add and take the metal out; took away the color, so all was well.

1. ChristinS profile image41
        ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow - yeah, I'd be upset too if that happened.  Makes me glad we decided not to use the water from the well and go with the city water instead.  Glad it wasn't toxic at least.  We have more fbombing chemicals to add and then when we get it balanced I am investing in a salt filter to make it easier to manage.

As for f-bombing cable - we dropped that and have Roku boxes and Netflix these days.  Never been happier and it saves a ton of money.  I hated dealing with the f-bombing satellite companies.  We have a local cable company I use for internet only and I am fortunate that they are really awesome.

1. cfin profile image65
          cfinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget Crackle and Hulu (hulku are heading the mainstream greedy route though). netflix for movies and last 10 years of TV shows and hulu for yesterdays TV shows (literally yesterday). Crackle is free....

ahem..... random f bomb

5. profile image0
    Engeltaposted 9 years ago

confusing!

6. paradigmsearch profile image60

Why is it,

No matter what I do in life,

From the simple to the complex,

I always run into F-bombing obstructions?

It just never ends. It just never stops. Ever.

And this concludes today's life rant.

Aw, I'm sorry!  I hope your Fbombing day gets better wink.  We all have these days/times in life - and they pass smile hang in there.  I had a week like this just last week - dealing with one parent just out of surgery and another who had to have biopsy done - fbombing stressful and these situations seem to travel in clusters.  It will get better.  Change is a constant.

lol lol lol

That totally cracked me up. lol lol lol

7. cfin profile image65
    cfinposted 9 years ago

To F Bomb or not to F Bomb, that is the F bomb?
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and  F Bombs of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of  F Bombs,
    And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we  F Bomb
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural  F Bombs
    That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be  F Bomb. To die, to  F Bomb;
    To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the  F Bomb;
    For in that sleep of death what  F Bombs may come
    When we have shuffled off this  F Bomb,
    Must give us pause: there's the  F Bomb
    That makes calamity of so long life;
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of  F Bomb
    The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's  F Bomb,
    The pangs of despised love, the  F Bomb delay,
    The insolence of office and the  F Bomb
    That patient merit of the unworthy  F Bomb,
    When he himself might his quietus make
    With a bare  F Bomb? who would fardels bear,
    To grunt and sweat under a weary  F Bomb,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscover'd  F Bomb from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will
    And makes us rather bear those  F Bombs we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make  F Bombs of us all;
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
    And enterprises of great pith and moment
    With this regard their currents turn  F Bomb-ish?,
    And lose the name of action. -  F Bomb you now!
    The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy  F Bomb
    Be all my  F Bombs remember'd.

If this isn't a money-maker "B" post, I don't know what is. Could be risky though. big_smile

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

F-bombing Cable service, also known as Dumb-Cast, Crumb-Cast or Crap-Cast....

ALWAYS manages to f-bomb up the billing, and then use fuzzy math to try and explain why a $10 credit only shows up as a $6.45 credit on the bill.....

1. cfin profile image65

The F bombing tax though?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

Nope--all itemized separately...the tax isn't part of the credit, or the result of the difference.  IMO, it's an F-bombing scam!  They figure most people will just pay the "amount due" without looking at the itemized charges.

1. cfin profile image65

I even wrote a hub on comcast/ charter. In my opinion, they are THE worst company I have ever dealt with.

They are bad, but there is little choice.  AT&T was not willing to give access to the fastest line service to the former ISP we had; Dish is worse, and AT&T proper does not offer it's high-speed "U-Verse" package "in our area," even though we can see the service box 500 feet away from our house!
            They are ALL F-bombing A**holes!

1. cfin profile image65

I used to work for numerous ISP's in Ireland while in University. It's pretty much the same as the US there. The ISP's would literally have us programed to give people the run around. I now live in Wisconsin which, outside of the main cities, has particularly poor service. The customer service here is the same. I know people living 40 miles north of Madison (the capital of WI) who have NO internet access at all and have to use satellite broadband.
              The ISP's response when they inquire? "We are unavailable in your area. We will send you a letter when our services are available" They then become irate and try to end the call as my friend is no longer an easy sign up/ sale.

9. ChristinS profile image41

and since f-bombs are also highly appropriate as exclamations for positive things smile -  I just totally ran my first f-bombing 5k this morning non-stop, no walking breaks big_smile I'm feeling pretty f-bombing fantastic about that lol.

Congrats, indeed!  That's F-bombing awesome! big_smile

10. krantcents profile image61
    krantcentsposted 9 years ago

Since I am a high school teacher, I constantly have to remind my students that those words are unacceptable. I recently used the opportunity to teach them a new word which encompasses all of those words though which is expletive. It reminds me of the Nixon tapes (I think) when they say expletive deleted.

One of my other solutions is to remind them they can express themselves better without the use of those words. Of course they can use biological terms, but that takes all the bite out of the words. When did it become acceptable to use four letter words everywhere? Personally, I only use them  in private conversations where all participants are okay with it.

krantcents - it's a joke thread smile smile - life is good.  I don't tell my teenagers to run around using them either, but I'd rather they do that then oh drink, fail school, drugs etc. smile  Most people don't run around dropping f-bombs or other words in public places, around children, etc.  But adults can express themselves and have a little fun with it and blow off some steam. smile  I grew up around it, and I am still educated and able to function professionally when necessary, as are most of us who do, periodically, pepper our language to express intensity of emotion lol.

krantcents--It's "just a word."  It is a matter of place and time, as to whether or not it is acceptable to use. 
      However, IMO, on the flip side, the more such "language" is heard, the more it loses its shock value, and therefore the less offensive it becomes.  I don't allow myself to become offended by "foul" language.  I use plenty of it myself in certain circumstances.
      For example, "OUCH!  Doggone it!" Just does not quite cut it when you've slammed your thumb with a hammer.  Check out this article from Scientific American:
      http://  www.  scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-we-swear/
      (Take out the double spaces to make the link work)

I always take circumstances into consideration.  I am equally capable of the proper language for taking high tea with the Queen, or of matching word for word with the proverbial sailor or a barroom crowd.

And finally, as ChristinS has pointed out, this IS a "just in fun" thread for ADULTS....so no harm, no foul.
      F-Bombs-awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

That "B" site is such a neverending piece of f-bombing cr@p.

Every time I go there today in pursuit of gathering my daily $.50, and the site crashes, I'm going to F-Bomb them here.

Here is for the first three crashes I've already experienced today.

F-bomb "B".

F-bomb "B".

F-bomb "B".

We'll see how many more show up in the next hour-and-a-half.

Oh, and happy Friday 13th, all. big_smile

1. cfin profile image65

I f-bombing stubbed my f bombing toe.

And I just got 3 more F-bombing crashes. A 504, a 502, a 504.

Instead of repeating myself, I'll just say: F-Bomb "B" 3X.

And an illustrious $.12 earned.

And I quit. Am done for the day there.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

"B"'s incompetence has got to be costing them thousands of dollars a day.

To be so brilliant as to come up with the concept; and then to be so stupid as to its implementation; boggles the mind...

Meanwhile, time for my f-bombing noonday nap.

13. ChristinS profile image41

don't forget there is also an f-bombing full moon tonight on Friday the 13th, which is very cool smile

AND F-Bombing Mercury is in retrograde yet again...so...if you're suffering from the IDGAF syndrome, or everything is at sixes and sevens, that's why!  wink lol

Perhaps that explains why my pool filter and two mp3 players are both on the fritz.  I fbombing hate that mercury retrograde business.  I didn't take much stock in that stuff before, but every fbombing time it happens lots of stuff breaks at once or there are just more snafus than usual.  I wonder when it will go back to normal.

Jupiter occults Pollux on Sunday. That should f-bombing fix it.

14. paradigmsearch profile image60

I'm feeling f-bombing cheerful today. My main website keeps surprising me with f-bombing unexpected traffic.

It's f-bombing fantastic when that happens isn't it? Glad you're getting a pleasant surprise.

15. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

"F-bombing" takes too long to type. I like terms like "fscking" and "effing" instead, and if you don't, that's your own forking problem.

lol

To fork? Or not to fork? That is the forking question.

Yeah--it is kind of long to type.  I generally just use effing, myself,  or else 'Frelling," which I picked up from the "Farscape" TV show on SyFy...

16. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 9 years ago

I never use the 'F' word...it reminds me of my EX...whose idea of foreplay was a half our of begging(on my part)...and the irritating sound of her doing her nails(during)...and her whiny voice over and over..."Are you There yet"?...now I have 'Imaginary' lady friends...

17. ChristinS profile image41

Off to Chicago today - wish me luck with that f-bombing traffic, I hate driving in that area.  I also am dropping my son off for his 10 day camp and he's nervous - so it may be a really long f-bombing trip there.

18. paradigmsearch profile image60

It is seriously beginning to look like "B" has forking finally cleaned up their act. Can this really be freaking true? I may actually make more than my usual one F-Bombing post there today.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)