Can any one help me how to make 10 dollars per day?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Abin CB profile image61
    Abin CBposted 9 years ago

hi, I'm new hear can any one help me how to make 10 dollars per day please

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

$10 a day doesn't sound much but it's not easy to achieve. Most hubbers earn nowhere near that.

You'd need:

5000 views per day to earn that amount from HP's ad program (remember that you only get 60% of views - Hubpages gets the other 40%)

and/or

Some high converting sales pages. To make $10 per day just through amazon sales you'd need to sell about $150 worth of goods per day. 

Most people that do earn well here, have a mixture of income sources.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you can earn $10 per day from your Hubs without either of those things.  I'm not sure where Susana is getting her data but you need to develop your own data based on your own Hubs' performance over time if you are going to set earnings goals.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Susana is one of the most successful persons in the history of this website.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
            MelissaBarrettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So is Relache. If they don't agree, it's because a difference in their personal data. Such things happen.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image92
            Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Relache isn’t doubting Susana’s success. She’s questioning the source of her data.

My data is also quite different to Susana’s, so I’m inclined to agree with Relache, who's had her own share of success on the site for more than seven years.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
              Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When I was new here, Susana helped me and was very friendly about it - the other one was not interested.  I don't doubt Susana, I doubt someone who questions a helpful person for some sort of jr. high status nonsense.

1. starme77 profile image76
                starme77posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well spoken smile I like the way you think smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
                Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Relache is very direct in her comments, which I have always appreciated. I think both commenters  are helpful-- and they may each have different approaches. Perhaps it proves that there is more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.
                As for the original question, I KNOW it is possible to earn ten dollars in a day, but those days are few and far between for most of us, especially for a new hubber.

2. viking305 profile image93
      viking305posted 9 years agoin reply to this

This can be achieved but it will take a lot of writing to do so.
      Write as many good hubs as you can and eventually after a few months you will see some progress with your earnings.
      I agree with Susana that you should write some sales hubs too.  If done right you will be able to earn commission on your Amazon sales which will boost your earnings here.

Good luck

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Try to do content. Write for iwriter. You can earn more than that a day. Good luck!

writer_csm

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 9 years ago

Write an awful lot of hubs on topics that an awful lot of people search for smile

3. Abin CB profile image61

Yeah ! Getting 5000 visitor per day how it possible ?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

One hub that gets 5000 visits per day, 5000 hubs that get one visit per day, or something in between....

1. peeples profile image93
        peeplesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And that's the reality of it!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant! Now I only need to write about 4,900 more hubs-- and get someone to look at them.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

To dream the impossible dream...

5. Abin CB profile image61

What about Adsense and Hubpage ?

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image73

I have been on this thing the last two years and from what I observe, there are a number of very good writers who can make tons of money from sites like HubPages. But they are only few.

You can read around and see a number of them on this site. Some of them are on this thread. Click on their profile and look at their stats. But  they are only few and you can count them by your fingers. Being in HP is more like a status symbol for me since it is one of the most decent site that we have around. Earning is a bonus. It just shows how good we are in marketing ourselves.

You're quite young and I have a kid just like you. We had a talk today, and she earns 3 to 5 times more than me in online work. She only writes for odesk and nowhere else. She has 5 to 10 regular clients that gives her regular work. If you want to earn money, go by that route. It has been proven that you can earn a decent living for yourself by doing content for others.

I write for iwriter as a premium writer, and I earn from it if I don't have offline work. The only problem with me is that, if I earn much from what I do offline, I get lazy to do any writing. I guess, I am driven by money too --- just like anyone else.

Read around, that's how you learn. I am still learning too!  smile

writer_csm

6. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

If you have tons of great Hubs and Ninja skill levels in SEO and article marketing to drive traffic to them, I suppose it might be possible -- but still not very likely -- to achieve that amount daily.   

I stopped holding my breath waiting for an AdSense payout a LONG time ago.

1. ThoughtsWriter profile image66
      ThoughtsWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ha, me too. I get steady penny trickles and every now and again some clicks, but that $100 payout is daunting.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It would probably help to do some study on SEO.   

Tips like, never duplicate your titles - to Google, it looks like you're spinning the same content again and again.  So for instance, don't start every title with "Dating Relationships".     Also, when creating your titles, ask yourself "what would someone type into Google to find this?"   

I trust you're signed up for the the HP Earnings Program, most people find it pays much better than Adsense alone.

1. ThoughtsWriter profile image66
          ThoughtsWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, heck yeah. I do plenty well with Hubpages Ads. Adsense is just a side benefit.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 years ago

I've made well over a hundred dollars in a day here....but for the most part, I average maybe three dollars a day.  You should write some very very good product articles, reviews of products you know a LOT about, and can expound upon in a thorough and authoritative manner - while using both amazon and ebay links.

Here's the hint, the days I made the most money here - I made that money with EBAY.

8. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

diligence, high quality content that people are searching for, focus on social media as much if not more than trying to appease fickle Google.  I work on developing content people find "shareable" and this gets my views up more than keyword research. I'd rather write what I know.

Write passionately about things you know and love.  That takes writing from "meh" to really engaging.  The more you do it; the better and faster you get. 

If you want to make money writing aside from just residual income, sign up for freelancing sites or content development sites.  Write and sell your work on constant-content or start a blog of your own around a niche subject and put ads on that too. 

I have lots of eggs in lots of baskets.  smile

9. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 9 years ago

I recommend just jumping in and writing articles about things you know about (really well.) Don't write about a topic just because you hear it makes money.

Make your articles as good as you can. Make them look really nice, find pictures that help make your article look enticing. Break your content up into lists and capsules to make it visually appealing (no huge walls of text.)

Keep writing and study your content - what's working for you?

Edit: Meh, user has been banned. Probably wanted the shorter version, haha.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what the heck happened there?

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image73

Weh, the poster got banned in HP! What happened? There is really no short cut to earning money. You have to do it the hard way.  If you want to earn big bucks, better find employment, go into business, or do content right and left. You never win if you game the system.

Well, just my thinking based on several decades of working in both offline and online portals.

writer_csm

10. profile image0
    cjnileskiposted 9 years ago

I reading the comments here to help the gentleman make his $10.00 per day.  One of the posts mentions iwriter.  What is this?
    Being that I am pretty new here, I'm still learning.

11. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Susana said you would "need" 500 pageviews or sales of $150 of goods per day to earn $10 from your Hubs in a day.

I'm saying you don't "need" those pageviews or those sales, that you could have less of both, and still earn $10 per day from Hubs on this site.

It all depends on the Hubs, their topics, their traffic and how they earn.  Which is why you have to track your own stats based on your top earners and your most trafficked. 

Back in the day, a guy named Misha had just a dozen Hubs and made several thousand dollars per month.  Other authors have had to make a thousand Hubs to reach payouts in the hundreds.  The phrase "your mileage may vary" really is quite accurate.

12. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 9 years ago

Ok guys this is how I worked out my figures smile

Out of 5,000 views per day, (60%) 3000 go to the hubber.

At a CPM of $3.33 (which is about average I'd say) you get $10 per day.

So if you were relying solely on income from HP ads, the example above gives you a good idea of what you'd need to aim for.

Of course many hubbers will get higher or lower average CPM's which would alter the amount of traffic needed. One thing I have noted, is that the lower the traffic you get the higher the CPM. So if you get 50 views per day and your CPM is $12, don't think that will translate to the same if you start getting thousands of views - it doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Forgetting the HP ad program for a minute, to make $10 per day "just through amazon sales" (yeah that is what I said in my original post) you'd need to sell around $150 worth of goods *if* you're on the 7% tier. 7 % of 150 works out at $10.50.

If you're using amazon through HP then you get 8.5 % on most sales (unless you are selling a lot of electronics) so you would only need to make about $120 total sales per day to make $10 solely through amazon. 8.5% of 120 = $10.20.

Ebay I don't do much with so I can't comment on that.

Now just to blow those figures out of the water, if you are using your own affiliate links you can make a hell of a lot more from a lot less views if you know what you're doing and have a fair wind and a bit of luck smile. I have one such hub that earns between $100 - 200 per month and gets less than 100 views per month.

As Relache says each hubber's income/traffic ratio will be different, but I hope that the examples I gave are relevant to most people. Or at least give a good idea of how different revenue streams relate to income earned.

P.S. Wesman you are a true gent. Thank you big_smile

1. TheDragonBringer profile image92
      TheDragonBringerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense. I still try to keep things fairly simple. For me, consistently adding and improving contents make numbers slowly creep in the right direction.

Good strategy smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Susana  How do you use your own affiliate links here on HP?  I did not know you could do so.  Please advise.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There's no special trick at work here, timetraveler2.  If you look at Susana's hubs, you won't see anything that appears out of the ordinary.

You don't use any affiliates that HubPages directly has banned, you don't break the two-per domain rule and you don't use them so much across all your Hubs they trip any filters.  Hundreds of authors have these sorts of links in their pages, some of them for many years now.

Of course, doing so means you might wake up one day and find that HubPages has unpublished a lot of your stuff because you are making money and you've cut them out of the loop but since they (HubPages admin) doesn't seem to be able to detect this stuff automatically, it's one of the last ways to game the system here that still exists.  Unless a human moderator reviews a lot of your Hubs, the affiliate links aren't found.

I don't see something that is allowed, and helps the reader, as gaming the system.

HP are well able to detect affiliate links as has been shown before when they flagged up all hubs containing commission junction links.

And no there's nothing special about my hubs smile I just put a lot of effort into working out who my readers are and what they want.

2. Susana S profile image93

"Your own affiliate links" are probably the wrong words to use. I should have said other affiliate networks.

Have a look around a big affiliate network like commission junction and you'll understand what one is. It basically connects publishers (that's me and you) with companies that will pay commission when you send a visitor to their site and they buy their product or service.

The main thing to remember is that it's not good to use affiliate links willy nilly. Like amazon or Ebay, the hub has to be highly targeted to earn money.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

This all sounds too "iffy" to me...so I'll just make do.  I was just curious about t his, however, because I never knew writers could do this!  Thanks for the info

It's not iffy lol. You're already using affiliates with your Amazon and ebay capsules.

But to each their own smile

13. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 9 years ago

Have you considered panhandling?...works for me...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)