jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Tips for the Perfect Online Article, Backed by Data

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago

Thought these were some great tips on writing a successful online article from the Buffer Blog. Hoping Hubbers will find them useful as well. smile

The Anatomy of a Perfect Blog Post: The Data on Headlines, Length, Images and More

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Excellent! Read and bookmarked.

Side note. This surprised me, "Timing: Blog posts get more shares on the weekend"

I feel a hub-tweaking urge coming on... big_smile

2. susi10 profile image94
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Christy for the link- that article was fantastic! What I really like is the proven data and research to back up what they are saying. I will be putting their pointers into practice with my hubs. smile

2. grand old lady profile image91
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

This article is sooo helpful. Writing online is very different from writing for print media, and with this article and the helpful steps it offers, you can certainly upgrade your blogging skills:)

3. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image86
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 3 years ago

That was an interesting read, Christy. Now I am wondering if hp can add a capsule that allows us to include a “Tweet This” or “Share This” link to a short quote.

I appreciate that hp is currently testing the buttons for pinning and facebook etc. Might be worthwhile testing the 'short quote' option for tweeting as well.

Btw, I liked being able to monitor how many times a hub had been pinned or shared on facebook. To my mind, that's a good way of measuring the interest in a specific hub and seeing whether or not the photos are appropriate and generating interest.

Seems a shame if we try implementing the tips in the link you provided but lose some of the tools for assessing their effectiveness.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good points, Baby-Boomer. I'm not sure if we have the engineering resources  to implement it currently, but the "Tweet This" sounds like it might be a good one to discuss with the Team. I'll bring it up in our next meeting.

For now, if you want to know how many social shares one of your Hubs has, you can just input its URL into Like Explorer to find out. Hope that helps!

1. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image86
        Baby-Boomer-58posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thankyou. It will be interesting to hear what your Team thinks about 'tweet this' ... and I will try out the link you provided. Thanks for the tip.

working