Uggggh..........Copied content removal......

1. Alphadogg16 profile image88
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

So lately I have been having major issues with people copying my content, I have filed the necessary forms, but how do you know if and when it has been removed? And for those of you that have had this issue, some people have actually copied my articles, keeping my name on it as the author on their site, Do you allow them to keep them up.....or make them take it down?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Alpha,

Having your work up in multiple places online may cause you to run into duplicate content issues with Google and HubPages. I recommend contacting the people who at least tried to give you credit and telling them they may use a short teaser (1-2 sentences from your Hub) with a link back to your work, but otherwise they need to take it down.

2. swilliams profile image82
    swilliamsposted 2 years ago

A professional outlet should always ask the author for permission to use their work. The fact that they have done so without your permission could be a red flag.  You could ask them to take it down, and if they would like to provide information linking back to your articles this would probably be helpful to you. Proper etiquette concerning this matter is very important. I know that Google does not like repetitive material. Nonetheless this is a frustrating situation. You take the time to write an original article and someone takes it without your permission is very irritating.