jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

In-House Amazon terms clarification needed

1. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

In the terms of use for HubPages, under the section regarding Amazon and affiliate programs, it reads....

"For the avoidance of doubt, with Your participation in the Amazon Program under HubPages, You will not have a direct contractual relationship with Amazon, the Amazon Associates Program, or any advertiser/merchant of Amazon. "

How is this legal and valid contractual wording when I actually have a direct contractual relationship with Amazon.com via my enrollment with their program, and I would continue to do so even if I signed up for participation in HubPages' in-house program?

Isn't this rather vague?  Doesn't this leave the door open to some really horrible misinterpretation?  Or abusive actions potentially?

Obvious irregularities like this that have kept me well away from making any changes.

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image93
      RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It not only leaves the door open, it slams the jail door shut.  Amazon kicked me out of their program for the second time because of no sales or referrals. I didn't know I was in Amazon's stand alone program because I am in HP Amazon program. So because I have been kicked out of Amazon a second time, does that mean I am also kicked out of HP's Amazon program?

And if HP keeps me in their Amazon program, isn't that a violation of Amazon's TOS for not having Amazon referrals or sales within 90 days?

It is a very sticky wicket when each has their own rules and contracts.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
        Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So because I have been kicked out of Amazon a second time, does that mean I am also kicked out of HP's Amazon program?
        No, it does not.
        You can use the HubPages Amazon program without an individual affiliate account with them.

You also don't have to worry about making sales in 90 days with the HubPages program.

This blog post by Marina does a good job of explaining the differences.
        http://blog.hubpages.com/2014/02/introd … n-program/

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image93
          RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Matthew!  I appreciate the quick response smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache.
      We are looking into making wording changes to make it clearer.

Closed to reply

working