jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

New member - Interesting questions

1. 60
    articles4everyoneposted 2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick and I'm really, really excited to join Hubpages. I've got a load of questions, many of which I was able to answer browsing the net or this forum. Others I hope you might help me with smile

1. I heard that the earnings distribution is 60/40 (60% for us, 40% for team hubpage). Is that only true for adds or also for affiliate earnings (i.e. amazon or ebay)? I heard somewhere that affiliate earnings are 100% ours.

2. How many affiliate links are we allowed to add to a hub?
    3. How many self serving links are we allowed to have?
    4. What is the minimum pay out?
    5. Does Hubpages only use google adsense or also some other add networks?
    6. What are the minimum number of words for a hub?
    7. How long does it typically take for an article to get approved?
    8. Do I need a paypal account?
    9. Do I need google adsense, amazon affiliate program, ebay affiliate program?
    10. How long does it take to get preapproval, i.e. be able to write and publish articles without reviews?
    11. And this is probably the MOST IMPORTANT one. If I write something, am I still the owner
    of the content, or does ownership go over to hubpages once the article is published?

I am really, really grateful for any input on these matters. Thank you so much,

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

1. Yes it is true if you join the HP Amazon program.  If you join the Amazon program directly you will get 100% comission but start on the lowest tier.
      2. Two links to any one site except flickr, wikipedia, etc.  No clickbank links allowed.
      3. 2
      4. $50
      5. Google and others
      6. No minium but 500 is a good starting point.
      7. 24 hours
      8. Yes (to get paid).
      9. To earn money you need all three.
      10.  All articles must be approved no matter how long you have been here.
      11. Yes you retain the ownership.

2. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 2 years ago

Click on the word "help" in the top right corner of your screen. Read the HP FAQ. The answer to these questions, and more, are all here, and in detail.
    If you read through all of these answers, and follow the suggestions, you will do fine here.
    Good luck.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

3. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image76
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago

Hi dear
    Welcome to HP, a good community for global writers in English.  My advice is first you concentrate on writing alone and try to get maximum reach, I mean hits. Money will eventually follow. All the best.