My name is Nick and I'm really, really excited to join Hubpages. I've got a load of questions, many of which I was able to answer browsing the net or this forum. Others I hope you might help me with
1. I heard that the earnings distribution is 60/40 (60% for us, 40% for team hubpage). Is that only true for adds or also for affiliate earnings (i.e. amazon or ebay)? I heard somewhere that affiliate earnings are 100% ours.
2. How many affiliate links are we allowed to add to a hub?
3. How many self serving links are we allowed to have?
4. What is the minimum pay out?
5. Does Hubpages only use google adsense or also some other add networks?
6. What are the minimum number of words for a hub?
7. How long does it typically take for an article to get approved?
8. Do I need a paypal account?
9. Do I need google adsense, amazon affiliate program, ebay affiliate program?
10. How long does it take to get preapproval, i.e. be able to write and publish articles without reviews?
11. And this is probably the MOST IMPORTANT one. If I write something, am I still the owner
of the content, or does ownership go over to hubpages once the article is published?
I am really, really grateful for any input on these matters. Thank you so much,
1. Yes it is true if you join the HP Amazon program. If you join the Amazon program directly you will get 100% comission but start on the lowest tier.
2. Two links to any one site except flickr, wikipedia, etc. No clickbank links allowed.
5. Google and others
6. No minium but 500 is a good starting point.
7. 24 hours
8. Yes (to get paid).
9. To earn money you need all three.
10. All articles must be approved no matter how long you have been here.
11. Yes you retain the ownership.
Click on the word "help" in the top right corner of your screen. Read the HP FAQ. The answer to these questions, and more, are all here, and in detail.
If you read through all of these answers, and follow the suggestions, you will do fine here.
Welcome to HP, a good community for global writers in English. My advice is first you concentrate on writing alone and try to get maximum reach, I mean hits. Money will eventually follow. All the best.
by Cls13217 years ago
I have been considering lately hitting the hubpages affiliates program pretty hard. It seems like it could be a GREAT source of income if you get several hundred affiliates and earn 10% from each one of them. the only...
by Paul Deeds6 years ago
We're all set, folks. Please follow our step-by-step guide to sign up for an eBay Partner Network account (we think it's easier than it was for Commission Junction, and far quicker). Please note that your eBay...
by Arun Dev15 months ago
I have created the HubPages profile in my name. I'm doing the writing. But I don't have a bank account. So can I give my family member's name, who has a bank account, as payee name while signing up for AdSense...
by James Bowden4 years ago
What do you think about the idea of having wills set aside for each and every writer here on the hubpages platform? I've had this discussion in the past with another hubber within the community and we thought that it...
by MacPharlain2 years ago
I'm trying to sign up for the earnings programs and can't because I don't have a Google AdSense account. I applied for one a few days ago but was rejected due to "insufficient content". (My account...
by Syed Hunbbel Meer5 years ago
So ... Google did not approve me for the google adsense program that I applied a week ago.I read quite a few articles before I really applied for the program, but what I THINK, that may be the reason for the disapproval...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.