jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'm a new hubber with only one hub

1. syedhammadahmed profile image60
    syedhammadahmedposted 2 years ago

Hello, I'm new HubPages and have posted only one hub from which I got Google Adsense approval. The hub is also related to that. Please read my hub and follow me, how can I make it the Hub of the Day: http://syedhammadahmed.hubpages.com/hub … with-trick

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image96
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Hammad; Your first hub looks OK, but bear in mind, only one hub is chosen to be Hub of the Day each day, out of the great many which are published, so I'm not sure you can expect this accolade just yet. I don't know exactly what criteria are applied but I'm guessing quality writing (obviously), an unusual or especially interesting subject matter, and maybe features such as photos, maps, links, tables etc.

Plus, maybe the hub has to follow HubPages own guidelines.  I've only ever had one Hub of the Day given to me from 119 published, which - given the huge amount of time I spend over each of them - I actually feel really disappointed about, but maybe it's because I don't adhere to all of HubPages' guidlines (such as not using dividers between sections). So maybe you have to follow any style tips the staff put on your hub's 'edit' page.

Perhaps if you read through a number of past 'Hubs of the Day' you'll get an idea of what they are looking for. Anyway, welcome to HubPages and I hope you enjoy being here.

syedhammadahmedposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply. May you share the hub which became the Hub of the Day.

2. Jodah profile image87
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hi Syed, I have had three Editor's Choice hubs, but never a Hub Of The Day even though I have about 130 hubs so it is not easy. You have to have perfect grammar and spelling (I checked your hub and there are quite a few grammatical errors. I understand English is probably not your first language). So even though it has good informaton you need to work on that. You also need to follow Hub Page guidelines, have all original or correctly attributed images, videos, polls etc. Good luck. I hope you get a HOD eventually.

syedhammadahmedposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you're correct, English isn't my first language and I will try bettering it and thanks for your reply.

3. VictoriaSheffield profile image87
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 2 years ago

Follow me and I will follow you back.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago

I had a couple of Hubs of the Day, and one thing I think really helps is attention grabbing photos. It's even better if they are your own photos.