jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

My First Editor's Choice Award! But nothing's changed...

1. Amy Naylor profile image88
    Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago

Is it as grande as it sounds?
    I don't have many hubs as of yet, and I don't have many views. One of my least viewed hubs (though the hub I'm most proud of) got picked for editor's choice, whatever that means, but it doesn't seem to have particularly changed the audience engagement with my hub. It still only has 21 views. Is this normal?
    I've read the FAQs and such about it, but I'd like to hear from hubbers you've actually experienced this. I'm also curious as to why there's an option to opt out, is there something I don't know that's making everyone wary? If it's a good thing I can't understand why people wouldn't want to be part of it...
    Anyway, thanks in advance!

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Editor's choice is an experiment where HP is trying to see if placing the most high quality hubs back on the main domain will work in their favor with Google. Up to two and a half years ago all the hub accounts were on the main  domain (there were no subdomains). After the great Panda update, due to the numerous spam and low quality content on the site, HP lost favor. They have since made many changes including having all members on subdomains so that the main site could return to its high ranks.

When a hub becomes editor's choice it changes URL which means it needs to be reindexed. It may take a while longer to age and gain exposure because it becomes like a new hub all over. You have lost any traction it might have gained in the search engines so don't expect anything too soon, it may take a very long time to see any results.

Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

And it all comes clear... Thank you! So hopefully, it should do me a few favours in the long run, nice one.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago

I have 12 of them. They include my most viewed hub and some of my least viewed hubs. I don't think the Editor's Choice designation makes much of a difference with traffic.

Amy Naylorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Fair enough. It's nice to think that my hub is regarded as of high standard, it means I'm improving. So even if it doesn't affect traffic, it's a sign I'm doing something right!

3. Torrs13 profile image97
    Torrs13posted 2 years ago

One of my least viewed hubs also received the Editor's Choice award and I have yet to see any additional traffic from it. Everyone above explained it well... it could take awhile for it to make a difference, it if does at all.