jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Some other site has completely stolen my content and pictures.

1. Lyndsay Gamber profile image93
    Lyndsay Gamberposted 2 years ago

They have no contact information listed so I left a comment earlier today asking them to remove it. When I got home a few hours ago I checked and they deleted it so I left another comment. They have already deleted that one as well. I tried looking it up under the whosit link provided in the warning that HP shows but there is no contact information there either. I don't really know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated! thank you!

1. classicalgeek profile image87
      classicalgeekposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Try a WHOIS search (free) to see if you can track down the person's email. Send them a Notice of Infringement. If there's no email address, or it bounces, report them to ICANN and they will lose their domain name. Also contact the web host and send them the Notice of Infringement.

1. Lyndsay Gamber profile image93
        Lyndsay Gamberposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I filed a report through Google should I still send a notice of infringement to the web host and report it to ICANN?

1. classicalgeek profile image87
          classicalgeekposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Report to ICANN if there is no address on the WHOIS (not counting the one that says "Private Registration." For that you contact the hosting service or the domain name host) or if the email bounces.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Did you file a DMCA with Google? Go to the following link for information:

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 14905?rd=2

Also, look for other forums that discuss stolen content.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Scroll down this page to see "Related Discussions" and you may find help in those.

3. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

Unfortunately this a frequent occurance. Consider it as a compliment and listen to Phyllis's advice about filing a complaint with the DMCA

4. Lyndsay Gamber profile image93
    Lyndsay Gamberposted 2 years ago

thanks guys! I was going to file a report but there is no contact info and apparently that is needed to file a report.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lyndsay,

If you can't find the contact info for the site's owner, you can also contact the site's host or domain registrar to have your content removed.

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
        Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A number of domain registrars at present are passing the buck and saying they can't help you. But worth a try, they might know where the host is.

working