jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

PlagSpotter Duplicate Content Checker

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image92
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

I asked a question on a post that I felt like investigating on my own. It was regarding Google Chrome extensions and whether or not anyone had ever tried any extensions that could check for copied content. I just found one I wanted to share with all Chrome users. It is called PlagSpotter Duplicate Content Checker and although I just downloaded it, it has great reviews.

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just downloaded this myself . It looks good.

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image92
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

Extension description "PlagSpotter (www.plagspotter.com) is a duplicate content detection and monitoring tool. Our Chrome app allows users to easily and quickly conduct a duplicate content check by checking the page that the user is currently on for duplicate content. The app will return the results showing the duplicate content % as well as the list of all external sites/sources that duplicate the current page. There is also a way to view a detailed report for each URL as well."

1. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Awesome, Kathleen. Thank you for sharing this cool tool!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image81
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Question Kathleen: Is there any malware, virus, etc. that downloads with it?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image92
        Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nope! Its google approved, which means google has tested it for safety and efficiency!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image81
          The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

3. Barbara Kay profile image87
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

So, I try out this tool. The first hub I try has 10 places it has been copied. I just took care of all the sites it was on a month ago.

II'm spending more time taking care of copied content than writing. What is the deal with so much copied content? We didn't always have such a problem.

working